A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 16th April 2017, 08:04 PM

Chris,
For some reason I have managed to miss this thread, my apologies.
Matty spotted exactly what I spotted in the first photo, i.e. the Most Loop and the red plug.
I was about to PM you and suggest I sent the money back to you, then I read on and realised it looked like there had been a reason for dissing the TV Tuner. So let us play it by ear. If it works then all will be good.
Are you happy with the Aux 1 and Aux 2 feed connections? I use the Kufatec ones because they are coloured correctly for RCA connections.
You can also use a third set of cables to give you Aux Out for Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE).
Please keep us all informed, we are very interested.
Psyche, good on you for helping.
What a Forum this is.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 16th April 2017, 08:28 PM

Ye I'm hoping the old unit was coded out and looped out due to the fault....plugging the new one in will, fingers crossed, see it pop up on the source list!

I've not got any leads yet.... Sure I've got a 3.5 to rca kicking around so will at least be able to test via this.... Will be looking to use the aux predominantly for a Bluetooth receiver for streaming music and podcasts on longer journeys....

Fingers crossed it's not like the blinds and a symptom of a deeper issue :-)

As for the forum, I've had a fair few "marques" over the years including Subaru, Porsche and Lotus..... Being an enthusiast I regularly use the relevant forums but rarely have I seen / experienced the helpfulness of this forum....also refreshing that I've yet to read a thread that has become a battle of childish keyboard warriors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4332 View Post
Chris,
For some reason I have managed to miss this thread, my apologies.
Matty spotted exactly what I spotted in the first photo, i.e. the Most Loop and the red plug.
I was about to PM you and suggest I sent the money back to you, then I read on and realised it looked like there had been a reason for dissing the TV Tuner. So let us play it by ear. If it works then all will be good.
Are you happy with the Aux 1 and Aux 2 feed connections? I use the Kufatec ones because they are coloured correctly for RCA connections.
You can also use a third set of cables to give you Aux Out for Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE).
Please keep us all informed, we are very interested.
Psyche, good on you for helping.
What a Forum this is.
Old 19th April 2017, 12:59 PM

Sadly new unit has the same issue... arrggghhhh....

In the interests of "tidying" things, new thread on the TV tuner specific issue created here - http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthrea...813#post126813 - any and all input appreciated!

Chris