A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 21st April 2017, 02:10 PM

Default New battery

Well it doesn't seem that long ago (3 and a bit years) that I changed it out for an all singing and dancing Varta AGM but fiddling yesterday in the car quickly resulted in a battery that wouldn't turn her over so placed an order for this yesterday and it arrived today

Ten mins and new one is in and coded to the car, hope now that i have replaced the dodgy door handles I will see the back of angry phone calls from the wife while away complaining of a flat battery.

Old 21st April 2017, 03:25 PM

I have the Varta branded version of the same battery. Hopefully, you have more luck with this one than your last.

2008 Audi S8
Old 26th April 2017, 08:51 AM

I fitted a Duracell battery 3 years and had 3 years of faulty door locks and constant flat battery.
Replaced my door handles, 2 days of solid charging and its been good as gold since.

Here's hoping mate.

Done your rears yet?
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 26th April 2017, 01:21 PM

Yeah I replaced both rears as they were faulty.

Old 27th April 2017, 07:19 PM

Del what am looking for on vcds to tell me if the door handles are faulty?
Im really starting to fall out of love with this car at the moment!!
Old 27th April 2017, 08:57 PM

VCDS will normally show up an error code saying which (if any) door handles are causing an issue. Mine definitely threw up a code.

I'm not convinced changing mine fixed my battery drain problem, but I'm only basing that on the car stopping the flashing on the doorcard security LEDs sometimes.

I think that means I've either got something else drawing power, or something up with the alternator.

2008 Audi S8
Old 1st May 2017, 05:57 PM

I'm going through a similar thing having just replaced my Varta battery a couple of days ago on my W12.

The only replacement I could get locally was a Yuasa Silver 110AH/900CCA from Halfrauds for £162

There was no BEM Code label on the Yuasa so I cheated when I coded the battery back in. Had a few errors which I cleared down but was left with ABS Control Module, Auto Dist Reg & Level Control/Steering Angle Sensor errors which wouldn't clear. Took it for a sort drive, tried again but no joy.

Slept on it and when I checked in the morning they had gone and I was able to clear them down.

Ever since I bought the car the o/s/r door handle has never locked/unlocked the car but the only error VCDS flags is the Rear Left Door Handle Touch Sensor?

Well and the usual two Rear Right & Rear Left Footwell Heater fault codes that have been there when I bought the car 4 years ago!

I did buy the o/s/r door handle a while ago now and had it painted but never got round to fitting it as I heard it was a bear to fit. Annoying as it would be the one I would often want to use after filling up with petrol, locking the fuel filler flap and wanting to lock the car to go in and pay for the fuel I had just pumped.

Sounds like I need to buy one for the other side according to VCDS?

-=Glyn=-