A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 11th July 2017, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltuae View Post
Yeah, looks ok but more evolutionary than revolutionary.
And not even that evolutionary either, so not for me - very disappointing. What were they thinking of - the rear quarter of the grey one of the last sideway shots actually looks like an old Rover 75

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 11th July 2017, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
No mention at all of an S8 as yet...
http://www.evo.co.uk/news/19665/new-...d=139988485056
2007 Audi S8, with Rear Seat Entertainment, Quad Zone Climate, DAB/DVB and electric blinds. ** sold **
Old 11th July 2017, 11:00 PM

Vaguely disappointed by the business suite looks. A little better than the D4 but overall boring rather than inspiring. Hopefully the S will be visually exciting.
I like the idea of the self driving (shudder at the thought of maintaining that though). Interior looks OK. Like everyone's said I'll reserve judgement until I see it in the flesh.
The video was long wasn't it. Yawn

On a side note. I Sat in a couple of Beemers last week and found their screen (pretend) dials to be shockingly awful. Hope Audi do a better job if they are doing likewise
Old 13th July 2017, 10:06 AM

DO NOT WANT!
I hate touch screens in cars.
What will it be like at 10 years old when some £4000 obsolete user interface module that does everything goes blank? At least if my D3-D4's switch goes I can get a £20 used part rather than a whole dash. I hate self-driving cars. Looks like an A4.
Not what I want.
Old 13th July 2017, 04:44 PM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

If it had a Ford badge on it instead of the Audi rings, I'd believe it was the new Mondeo - or just about any other large European car for that matter. Not a head turner by any means and, if I see one, I'm sure I won't notice!
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 13th July 2017, 06:37 PM

https://youtu.be/3DH-k3fwBSo

Complete crap. No focus on reliability. Only gimmicks.
Old 14th July 2017, 08:05 AM

well, I'm not a fan of the D4 (aside from the S8 Engine and gearbox) and the D5 is a lot further down in the looks department. I think Audi are on a slippery slope with their design language - especially with that hideous grille.

D3 S8 until I get bored and then maybe Quattroporte I think, or something totally different altogether.

What a shame
Old 14th July 2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1781cc View Post
I think Audi are on a slippery slope with their design language - especially with that hideous grille.

D3 S8 until I get bored and then maybe Quattroporte I think, or something totally different altogether.

What a shame
I agree - especially given that they started with such an elegant and classic shape in the D2. I really can't think of anyone I know who would consider the current design as elegant, sporty, slippery, dynamic or even radical (i.e. attributes I'd normally expect in a car of this class from Audi).

I'm not sure who it is meant to appeal to - though to be honest, I don't think BMW are much better...

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 14th July 2017, 10:50 AM

Hate it with passion.
Look at all the fingerprints already all over the screen.
It doesn't mater they vibrate and make sound, if you can't physically feel it without looking at them then that's poor.
We can change everything in our cars without looking at the console.

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 14th July 2017, 11:11 AM

I for one am glad that no-one likes it, should hit residuals nicely for when I want to swap out of my D4 in a few years time