A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Wheels and Tyres

D3 - Wheels and Tyres Refurbing, center caps, tyre brands, tyrefitters - discuss it here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14th April 2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
Damn, I am tempted with all the positive reviews. I am soon to switch to summer tyres on A6 and Continentals have not got much tread left so will need to be changed soon anyway. Michelins have been my favourites but at the moment cannot find any decently priced set, mostly single tyres or an odd pair. From what i heard Nankangs have good grip but were wearing quite fast in the past but have improved in last 10 years. Thinking of 215/50R17 or 225/50R17 for A6.

I am also considering taking S4 Cab to Bedford Autodrome before selling it if it can pass noise test. So thinking about another set of alloys 18" with Nankang NS2R 235/40R18 semi slick that could potentially be used on either A6 or S8 in the future even if a bit wrong size.
I ran them on my 8 for a while Ainars they were fine. Grip ok both wet and dry lasted ok too, don't remember miles but for the money they are a good choice. I found with part worns if they'd started wearing say on the outside edge they would carry on wearing regardless to toe settings.

Bright yellow bus o love.