A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Body and Exterior

D3 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 5th February 2019, 03:27 PM

Default D3 PF - under tray, wheel liner and bits

Hi There,

On Sunday i went to the MK Ikea. Parked up, shopped, got back, pulled out and found the kerb that i'd parked the front end over was just a bit too tall. Guessing the suspension had settled and it being such a long beast i'd tucked it in!

Heading home after a bit I noticed some odd wind noise so pulled over and the drivers side under tray was hanging down. I lipped it back up and it was ok going home.

Yesterday I had to drive up to Yorkshire, was a funeral and i left a fair bit of spare time in the plans. About 50 miles out I noticed noise and pulled over. Threw a coat on the ground and found the passenger side had come down. I did the best i could in a smart suit, but after a mile or two i noticed the noise and pulled off at Lincoln and into a chain garage and quickly begged for help!

They put it on ramps and cut the front under tray off. It was off at the front anyway. Due to previous damage and that it didn't fit in the boot, it was a wet and grotty morning and I just wanted to get off I left the tray there to be scrapped!

Looking at the car today. The passenger wheel liner is also pretty damaged from flapping and I lost one of the fog light grills too.

So i need :

2005 FL D3 4.2 sport -
Front under tray
Passenger wheel liner
Passenger fog light grill

I could have been tempted in a front lower bumper, but it looks like that is all in one and despite something like a stone damage (cracked paint) it'll probably all clip back with a bit of TLC.

Any advice, part no's etc?

Ta,
Lee

Previous :
1998 S8 PF 4.2 V8 D2 - Gearbox died ~120k
2002 S8 FL 4.2 40v V8 D2 Prins LPG - Engine valves met pistons ~230K

Also :
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0l (Post Apocalyptic makeover)
2003 Brabus Smart FourTwo (should sell)
2003 Mazda Rx8 2.3 (might sell)
Old 6th February 2019, 08:10 AM

The main undertray from Audi is hellishly expensive, around £300 (for the S8 anyway), but the wheel arch liners are surprisingly cheap - £17 when I got one of the fronts recently so it's worth phoning them just to get a starting price, or going in to the parts department so you can point it out on their screen.

When I've browsed through our forum sponsors' eBay listing, there are always a few undertrays and wheel arch liners available, so you know they will be genuine and get good service.

But there's always a few undertrays on eBay anyway, and plenty of new foglight grills.
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 6th February 2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulfilias View Post
So i need :

2005 FL D3 4.2 sport -
Front under tray
Passenger wheel liner
Passenger fog light grill

Any advice, part no's etc?
Front under tray (petrol?) - 4E0825235Q - £185.21 (front part only) - doesn't include fittings
Passenger wheel liner - 4E0821171P - £53.22 (front part only) - doesn't include fittings
Passenger fog light grill 4E0807681AC or 4E0807681AD - £75.14 (see image below).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Audi A8 foglight grilles.png
Views:	310
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	20844  

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 6th February 2019, 02:00 PM

Hi Guys,

Thanks for that.

I just popped the drivers side fog light thing off, with rather too much ease - 4E0 807 682 C

Doing an ebay search

Pair for £28 - Slight difference in the external rib around the light but if I replace both....and given there's a clip snapped on the drivers side it may be prudent. Now How bad are Chinese versions???

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-Fron...DPv:rk:17:pf:0

Also found

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-AUDI-...xwRv:rk:1:pf:0

£49 for "an" under tray. It's aftermarket rather than genuine , but cheaper than damaged/repaired second hand ones

Wheel liners seem a little harder to find. Petrol so no intercooler vents (though one wonders if that would matter.

However Germany
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RADHAUSSC...Jm~J:rk:2:pf:0

for about £30 all in?

Previous :

Also :
Old 6th February 2019, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulfilias View Post
I just popped the drivers side fog light thing off, with rather too much ease - 4E0 807 682 C

Pair for £28 - Slight difference in the external rib around the light but if I replace both....and given there's a clip snapped on the drivers side it may be prudent. Now How bad are Chinese versions???
Which is why those of us with D2s tend to secure our fog-light grilles a bit more securely, considering how much they cost.

As for the Chinese versions, can't comment on the grilles, but the comments I've heard about stuff originating from there tends to run along the lines of 'not a perfect fit', 'plastics being a big hard' and 'plastics very cheap looking'.

In all honestly, anything that I've bought that has come out of China has never been 'cheap looking' or 'ill fitting'. I think it boils down to whether you want to risk the £30, and if they're cheap and nasty, you can at least let everyone here know to avoid them.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 7th February 2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
Which is why those of us with D2s tend to secure our fog-light grilles a bit more securely, considering how much they cost.

As for the Chinese versions, can't comment on the grilles, but the comments I've heard about stuff originating from there tends to run along the lines of 'not a perfect fit', 'plastics being a big hard' and 'plastics very cheap looking'.

In all honestly, anything that I've bought that has come out of China has never been 'cheap looking' or 'ill fitting'. I think it boils down to whether you want to risk the £30, and if they're cheap and nasty, you can at least let everyone here know to avoid them.
I had a D2 and yeah those fog light grills were a nightmare! The D3 ones are far more secure in normal day to day running and I recall despite cable ties my D2 ones going in a car park

I'm tempted to give the Chinese ones a go. The car has 175k and isn't a show model, but more of a work horse. It's hardly a pristine example to start with, they're low down and more conspicuous by the absence. Swapping the pair will balance out any slight style differences!

Previous :

Also :