A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > VCDS (aka Vagcom)

VCDS (aka Vagcom) For all your electronic debug / diag advice queries and mods.

Old 21st July 2009, 09:02 PM
entwisi

Default Place Bets!!!!!!

got my Vag Com cable today... ( Cheers A8Parts!!!)

recoded teh tranny from 00001 to 00011 tonight so lets see how it goes tomorrow..

Oh, place Bets? How long before I screw something up !!!!
Old 21st July 2009, 09:03 PM

Lets us know if you feel any diffrence mate.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 21st July 2009, 09:06 PM
entwisi

will be doing full response tomorrow mate.

now, that means M66, M60, M56, off at J6 and down teh country roads tomorrow
Old 21st July 2009, 09:13 PM

ooo I'm going on the M56 on Saturday, but getting of at J6. Sorry about getting all excited, but I haven't been driving as long as some of you and I'm excited about learning all the motorways of by heart and not relying soley on sat nav
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
Old 21st July 2009, 09:14 PM
entwisi

do you want a nice country road blast from J18 M6 to teh airport?

I'll write up one of my fav rides home

If you do it takes ~ 25-30 mins and cuts out a load of boring motorway
Old 22nd July 2009, 01:35 AM

Yeah mate, that sounds like fun
Old 22nd July 2009, 05:14 AM
entwisi

will spool it to here later today mate.
Old 22nd July 2009, 07:24 AM
entwisi

OK, here it is

leave M6 North at J18 ( Winsford and Holmes Chapel )
take a 'right' over the motorway signposted Holmes chapel ( careful, favourite place for plod and his handheld )
follow to roundabout in centre of H-C take Left signposted A50 Knutsford, Knutsford rd
this is a nice reasonably quick road with some fast bends, careful if its wet as some are quite slippy, don't be distracted by the sodding great radio telescope to your right! ( Jodrell Bank http://www.jb.man.ac.uk/)

after ~5 miles you will pass a pub caled " The Drovers", continue another mile or so till you come round a sharp 90 degree left hander with a right turn smack on the bend ( signposted Radbroke Hall, this is where I work! ), follow the main road round the left hand bend and another 1/2 mile or so ( down a dip, up the other side, round a gentle R/H bend.)

Take the right turn signposted " Ollerton" road name Seven Sisters lane. follow this road ~ 3 miles to a slightly staggered X road ( you have to stop). go 'straight across'.

Follow this road(Marthall Lane). some good twisty country lanes here but a coupe of super tight bends thrown in to add spice! There is also a 'pinch' point of one bit where its single track over a bridge so be careful. Keep on this road till you come to a T junction where you have to stop.

Turn Right then after 1/2 mile turn Left ( signposted Mobberly IIRC, Newton Hall Lane, turns into BurleyHurst lane) there is a pub called "Bird in the Hand" just past the junction.

Again just follow this road , good 3D action, nice tight bends, a decent straight ( past Mobberly Golf Club), another pinch point but just good twisty country roads.

As you hit the 40MPH zone you will turn Left into Morely Green road, there is a posh food shop/cafe ( The Cheshire SmokeHouse http://www.cheshiresmokehouse.co.uk/ ) on your left. this road is sub urban so nice and slow please. at the end T junction opposite the pub " The Honey Bee"turn Left on teh A538, follow this road, it will take you under the run ways at Manchester Airport ( made famous as where Ronaldo wrote off his Fezza! http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...rash-insurance)

keep on this road till you have gone under the motorway ( the first turning takes ou the wrong direction and its ages before you can turn round!!!!) keep left, take first exit off the roundabout onto the motorway ( lovely 270 degree sharp bend!)

From seven sisters lane to here takes me between 12 and 18 minutes depending on what I end up behind....

next junction( 2 miles ish) is the Airport......

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Now..... you probably also want to come back this way as well because the way your sat nav will tell you is to go M56 to J7, A556 to J19 M6. However J7 is CLOSED in that direction as the bridge is falling down....... you can carry on to J9 M56 but its a pain and obviously quite busy due to 7 being closed.

Shout if you want anything clarifying.

If I get chance tonight, I'll film the route on my mobile and post a video somewhere.
Old 22nd July 2009, 09:16 AM

Cheers, I will print that off, I'm leaving about 5am so will probably hit it around 7-8am.
Old 22nd July 2009, 09:44 AM
UberSeniorChiefLibrarian

Ian,

You just brought back some very fond memories as I was brought up in Mobberley were my family farmed until the early nineties. I left in the early seventies as my dads work moved him south and only went back for holidays and high days. I would have taken over the farm if I hadn't joined the Navy and I had too much time in when my uncle was killed in a farm accident to leave and take on the farm.

I know all those roads and pubs well although it's years since I have been back. I use to hurtle round them at speeds up to 25mph on the tractors (I was 12 before I was allowed on the road! I was tall for my age. )

The farm is now posh mews houses (Platt Mews) and sits at the top of the Sand Hole on Town Lane through Mobberley. It was know as Sand Hole farm and Town Lane farm respectively. The sand went to build Ringway Airport.

I must go back.

Watch it if you dare

Currently,
2000 S8, Merlin Purple, Leather Pack 1, Winter Pack 1, SPAX adjustable suspension, AP Racing 6 pot front caliper, 385mm fully floating disks, EBC Yellow Stuff Pads, Black Diamond grooved rear disks and predetor pads, D2 Doctors Brake Block.
1997 4.2 A8SQ - the Projekt. 12 years and ongoing!
1997 4.2 A8SQ - Ming Blue. Restoration sat waiting; saved from the Scrapyard
2003 C5 Allroad 4.2Q - Cobolt Blue. Towing car. Laid up awaiting manual conversion.
2005 C5 Allroad 2.5TDi FE - Grey - Workhorse.
2015 Q3QS SLine - Daytona Grey. Lots of extras! Long Haired Admirals cutter.

Previously
2003 C5 A6 1.9TDI FWD - Loaner from D2 Doctor Lifex
1997 S8 - Ming Blue. Loaned out and written off. I loved that car. My first engine swap after cambelt failure.
1996 4.2 A8SQ - Ming Blue. 178k on a cambelt! Trader's 8. Delivered to A8Parts at Lifex.
2003 2.8 A8SQ - powder blueish. Fill in for a while. Sold on.
1998 1.8T A4 Avant FWD. Ming Blue (there's a theme here), PEX for the 97 S8.
And a list of non VAG going back 40 years before I saw the light.