A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Engine Bay

D3 - Engine Bay Everything under the bonnet

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th December 2014, 11:04 AM

Default HELP!!!!!!!! 4.2TDI not starting

Hello All
Just putting my 2007 4.2tdi on the road, it was a damaged repairable , repaired the body damage last saturday and it went to VOSA for its VIC check on Tuesday , the car has started fine since i got it , it hasnt done many miles as i cant tax it until VIC marker is removed , however my Dad took it to the VIC check for me , started in the morning no problem ,drove about 5 miles to VOSA and parked up , booked in and then was told to move car into garage.
He said it took a couple more turnovers that usual then started up and everything was fine, VOSA checked the car and then come to start it and the car would just turnover with no sign of life.

Had to get it recovered back home , initial investigation i found that the battery was only 77ah and was rubbish , im hoping its just the battery . i dont think it was coded to the car as its been sitting a while before i got it and i think someone has just thrown a battery in to get it going.

If it isnt the battery does any one have any ideas , i believe that the crank position sensor can go and that would cause similar issues of the engine just turning over with no life.

I scanned it last night but under engine in vcds but the only code found was check abs controller or something along those lines.

I will be coding a new battery on and rescanning it this afternoon so any ideas would be greatly appreciated as i havnt even drove it on the road yet !!!!

Could someone post the location of the crank position sensor from ETKA as i have found etka online but the 4.2tdi isnt included?????

Thanks in advance

PWACKA8