A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior

D2 - Interior Seats, dashboards, plastics, ventilation everything inside the cabin

Old 8th August 2012, 07:16 AM

Default Latest MOD I'll be doing

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2805132

Rear fridge. Very rare option on the D2, and quite costly. Above is a way to have as good or better performance than the stock unit, in a factory appearing unit. The portion facing the interior is color matched and alcantara has been added, and at rear stock trunk carpet hides the workings of the unit. Larger capacity than stock as well. I'm unsure the unit is still available, so I'll be building it if necessary. Hoping to have this, Xenon plus lamps, LED retrofitted rear lamps, an automated opening trunk, and a few other goodies added by our big US VW/Audi show, H2O International.

Oh, this will cost around $200 (110 quid) as opposed to the OEM option which cost seven times that sum when new.

Last edited by 71camaro; 8th August 2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old 8th August 2012, 07:37 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Can I be the first to say that this a really 'cool' mod?
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 8th August 2012, 07:56 AM

great mod, very inventive and looks like it sacrifices less room in the boot than the original.
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 12th September 2012, 05:33 AM

Well, unfortunately this didn't work as desired. Fortunately I found an OE fridge though and will be using it. I'll post photos and part numbers for you guys soon.
Old 12th September 2012, 09:10 AM

Default Car Fridges

Hi I know of a company that makes the car fridges for the likes of Rolls Royce, Landrover etc they are called Waeco, the fridges are branded Dometic. Their website is www.waeco.com. Hope this is of some use.
Old 12th September 2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8 3.7 View Post
Hi I know of a company that makes the car fridges for the likes of Rolls Royce, Landrover etc they are called Waeco, the fridges are branded Dometic. Their website is www.waeco.com. Hope this is of some use.
They're the OEM manufacturer on the D2s actually.
Old 12th September 2012, 05:37 PM

can you not use one of those little fridge's with a inverter? There are some real bargains on the bay and a like, i don't mean a huge Smeg or anything but something that maybe warms as well so you can keep your pasty's hot?

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 13th September 2012, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
can you not use one of those little fridge's with a inverter? There are some real bargains on the bay and a like, i don't mean a huge Smeg or anything but something that maybe warms as well so you can keep your pasty's hot?
I could, but I'm all about OEM functionality and fit, so I'm going with an original Audi unit
Old 17th September 2012, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71camaro View Post
Well, unfortunately this didn't work as desired. Fortunately I found an OE fridge though and will be using it. I'll post photos and part numbers for you guys soon.
The info will be up on Thursday
Old 19th December 2012, 02:18 AM

Long delay, but here are photos of the fridge. For wiring I tapped into the power to the Bose amp as a control and relayed 12v straight from the battery. Also added a 30 amp inline fuse. The fridge itself has a power toggle on the front.

These are pretty hard to find, but perhaps having the PN will help someone here interested in getting one. If any of you ever see the headrest below on your journeys online or in person for sale, please pick it up, I'll pay top dollar: