A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Fuel and Exhausts

D2 - Fuel and Exhausts Everything to do with getting fuel into the engine, and fumes back out again

Old 9th October 2013, 10:53 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Sorry mate not that one, the big black ribbed one
Er, are we back on to the ski hatch again (elephant's condom) or are you looking for something else and not realised that you're on the A8 Parts forum?
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 9th October 2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Graynada, do you still have your homemade special tool for the 'bottle lid'? if so could i borrow it for 5 mins to tighten mine up please? I get the wiff of petrol on a hard right turn.
I do and you are welcome to borrow it. Let me know when you're about, I have seen the beast about for a while.
Old 9th October 2013, 11:56 AM

Er, are we back on to the ski hatch again (elephant's condom) or are you looking for something else and not realised that you're on the A8 Parts forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by graynada View Post
I do and you are welcome to borrow it. Let me know when you're about, I have seen the beast about for a while.
I have been moved to services so i'm in the old iron foundry now so the 8's tucked away round the corner along with a nice D3 sat on 20"

I'm here tomorrow till 3 ish or next Tuesday i'll be at the Granada meet as i owe Piggy a few notes for the exhaust.

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 10th October 2013, 06:16 AM

Ok I'll bring it Tuesday if thats OK. Bob is coming Tuesday then I guess?
Old 14th October 2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graynada View Post
Ok I'll bring it Tuesday if thats OK. Bob is coming Tuesday then I guess?
PM'd you

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 5th November 2013, 10:21 PM

so i got my pump today and new tapped cover gaskets so took me 2hrs in 37 degree celsuis heat to change it out. my starting problem is gone car seems to run better but still have a rough idle with it spluttering1 on pull off especially with the aircon on.this only happens when the car is hot and if i switch it off and start it up it will go away for a while. could it be a temp sensor or lambda sensor?

when changing the tappet cover gasket i had to remove the fuel line running over the top , so to release the pressure i loosened it up by the filter and when reassembling it i noticed that the line going to the top if the tank has a hairline crack in it so if you bend it while under pressure a fine spray of fuel will leak out.is it hard to replace this fuel line or can i just repair it with a fuel resistant epoxy?