A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Generic A8 / S8 forums > A8 / S8 Generic Posts

A8 / S8 Generic Posts All other useful info

Old 30th January 2011, 03:09 PM

Default 1998 S8 niggly bits

Hello, Just got hold of a 1998 S8 it has a few little niggle issues but it is 13 years old, The first one that I need to sort out is the Fog lights, the 15 amp fuse blows as soon as you put the front OR rear fog lights on, I am going to start at the relay as I think its common to both front and rear? can someone let me know where the relay box is I have looked on the internet and it says
"Auxiliary Fuse and Relay Panel, In E-Box, Foot well Front Right" I have had a look but can't see it, Even took the carpet up and found the air-box feeding the rear seat I think. Also I cant store my seat position in but can recall the 4 that are all ready programmed in, I think its the Memory button you hold down with the number button so will take it out and have a look at the connections, And so far the only other thing not working is the Cruse Control, it does nothing so have no idea what that could be, but there isn't a lot of roads around my way to use it on anyway.
Cheers
Mick
Old 30th January 2011, 04:41 PM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Ah, cruise control; that comes up a lot! I think it's either broken connections or corroded connections. The latter can sometimes be cured by some vigorous switching on and off for a good few times to clean the connections up a bit.

Others will be along soon to help with this and the other niggles soon
Old 30th January 2011, 04:42 PM

relay panel is under the passenger footwell carpet against the bulkhead. Pull the carpet up and you'll see a wooden panel, take it off and there you go.

Cruise can be funny if it's not been used a lot, try wiggling the buttons on the stalk a few times (and make sure it's actually switched on with the stalk too).

I know.. I know..

Old 31st January 2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straycat View Post
can someone let me know where the relay box is I have looked on the internet and it says
"Auxiliary Fuse and Relay Panel, In E-Box, Foot well Front Right" I have had a look but can't see it, Even took the carpet up and found the air-box feeding the rear seat I think.
Cheers
Mick
Hello and welcome.

It's in the other side, NS (left) footwell if you're sat in the car looking forward.
Old 31st January 2011, 07:23 AM

My cruise buttons were intermittent when I got the car but the more I have used them the more reliable they have become
Old 11th February 2011, 06:23 PM

The memory seats are a bit counter intuitive to use - I needed to figure mine out as I used the spare key to unlock the car without realising the key was linked to a seat position, so my unstored driving position got completely buggered up

To store a seat position you have to hold down the button that doesn't look like one saying 'memory' then press a numbered button for over 1 second to store.

Once that's sorted you can then link your individual key to a seat programme by leaving the driver's door open, put the seat in its desired stored position, keep the recall button (whichever number you're using) pressed down and press and release the unlock button on the remote, then wait a couple of seconds before releasing the recall button on the seat control.