A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 2nd February 2015, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviesbike View Post
I have both ACC and non ACC wide dis clocks if anyone wants any. A8 not S8 ones ive done a lot of changing around recently so have plenty of spares

Diesel?
Soft close Doors & Boot, Electric Blinds, Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth HandFree, Quad Zone Climate, APS+, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Heated Seats All Round, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Sunroof, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons AFS2, Dab, Digital TV, Reversing Camera, AV Inputs, Fridge, Solar Roof, TPMS, facelift rear lights, 3G, remote boot closure, Tow Bar.
Old 3rd February 2015, 09:29 PM

Hello, I got mine, need a bit of a clean as a big spec of dust behind the clear plastic - but should I fit it and drive to Audi? or drive with old one in and trim removed and new one in a box? If so, why do they need the old one? to witness mileage?

Also, anyone know any non-dealer who can remove CP with Abrites?
Old 4th February 2015, 01:56 AM

Talk to the master tech before you go thee and find out what he needs. I just drove there after swapping mine. CP just means lots of things don't work but not badly enough to mean you can't drive it there.

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 9th February 2015, 07:22 AM

Cheers chaps, cluster stripped and cleaned and fitted.
Tried to avoid CP by removing Instruments -17 from CAN Gateway installation list to to avail.
With CP Active, the cluster works normally for about a second when you press START, then it goes dark and only the speedo works nothing else, even kills the illumination on all of the dashboard and stops the HVACs from lighting up (still work through MMI). The DIS is lit up red like an electric fire.

One puzzling thing is that the [0.0] & [CHECK] buttons would not plug into the new instruments, when I finally had enough andgot a torch on the plug, I found the plug inserted into a 'terminator' as though the 2008 car my cluster is from doesn't have these buttons? Anyone know what the story is there?

Just need to tap up the dealership now

Last edited by snapdragon; 23rd April 2020 at 08:19 AM.
Old 10th February 2015, 01:57 PM

Well, Sytner Nottingham Audi looks to have had another big change of service staff including Head of Business - all the competent, friendly and familiar faces gone and now they all seem to change with every visit.

The trainee service receptionist (quite rightly) got a workshop worker to come and clarify what I wanted - he grinned and said it's not possible on used parts (with a haha! look) so I told them I knew several others who had done what I wanted to do without a problem, and he changed his story to: we need to upload all the data from the old one and into the new one (pause) do you have the old one? I said yes and he looked disappointed and said I know you have all the receipts etc.. but we don't take component protection off used parts for ethical reasons! (with a haha got you there! look) We just don't do it ourselves for ethical reasons.

I gave the benefit of the doubt and thought that maybe he was being cautious due to the trainee in case she mentions it to someone.

He then started saying that the used cluster had the immobiliser in it so I knew he didn't really know what he was on about - I mean, how can I drive their with another car's immob fitted not that that's the case.

***EDIT***Found a few indi options but cost more than the cluster so far, but there is one near where I work I'll visit them in the morning.

Last edited by snapdragon; 10th February 2015 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10th February 2015, 02:26 PM

My local indy in Crawley is upgrading their systems to give them full server access to Audi Germany for doing CP removal. I imagine others round the country will follow as more vehicles that require it come out of warranty. No good if you're replacing parts as a business but need to pop it down the main dealer every time CP kicks in!

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 10th February 2015, 08:56 PM

I believe that M-A8 used these guys in Harrow.
http://www.audivwsc.co.uk

To remove CP from his cluster, they have done work on my D3 without issue in the past and Kristof who is ex. Audi Master Tech knows his stuff.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles
Old 13th February 2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyo View Post
I believe that M-A8 used these guys in Harrow.
http://www.audivwsc.co.uk

To remove CP from his cluster, they have done work on my D3 without issue in the past and Kristof who is ex. Audi Master Tech knows his stuff.
Went the 110 miles each way to Harrow, well worth it, great guys, in and out in 15 mins.
New cluster (2008MY) has brighter whiter and redder illumination too, and the quality of the DIS LCD is much more like the newer models. Very pleased with it and it has the MPH function without any VCDS work needed.
Just need to add 207,000 to the mileage!

Last edited by snapdragon; 23rd April 2020 at 08:19 AM.
Old 13th February 2015, 06:08 PM

Thats certainly a nice looking display.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles
Old 13th February 2015, 06:12 PM

Looks great!
Out of interest, how much did they charge you for this 15 minute job?
Audi charged me £60 for mine and that was trade rates lol

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs