A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > VCDS (aka Vagcom)

VCDS (aka Vagcom) For all your electronic debug / diag advice queries and mods.

Old 22nd June 2010, 04:18 PM

Default Hmmm Vag Com Help.....

This is what my car is throwing up at the moment... Any ideas which part(s) to replace

She's running fine (power wise) just the orange light on the dash showing engine fault??

Only thing I would say is she seems to have aquired a "bass line" One thing I might add is the car has good rythem

Many Thanks Bex

005504 - Throttle Actuator (Bank 1): Malfunction
P1580 - 008 - Implausible Signal
Freeze Frame
Fault Status: 01111000
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 6
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2010.06.12
Time: 17:07:35

Freeze Frame
RPM: 0 /min
Torque: 0.0 Nm
Voltage: 12.31 V
Duty Cycle: 82.9 %

004203 - Throttle Valve: Stuck or difficult to move
P106B - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - Intermittent
Freeze Frame
Fault Status: 01100001
Fault Frequency: 254
Date: 2010.06.18
Time: 22:11:34

Freeze Frame
RPM: 777 /min
Torque: 93.6 Nm
Voltage: 4.080 V
Duty Cycle: 61.2 %
Duty Cycle: 7.5 %

07 Silver D3 A/S8L Quattro S8 front end, Xenons, Bose, Bluetooth, Voice Control, Autodim mirrors, Heated folding mirrors, Double Glazed Windows, Electric Rear & Side Blinds, Black leather Comfort Seats with front memory seats & mirrors, Front & rear heated seats, Interior/Exterior light pack, TV.I.M, AMI, Parking sensors Front & Rear, Air suspension (soon to be lowered), Keyless entry & Start/Stop, 4 zone climate control, Power Boot Open/Close.
Old 22nd June 2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8L Chick View Post
This is what my car is throwing up at the moment... Any ideas which part(s) to replace

She's running fine (power wise) just the orange light on the dash showing engine fault??

Only thing I would say is she seems to have aquired a "bass line" One thing I might add is the car has good rythem

Many Thanks Bex

005504 - Throttle Actuator (Bank 1): Malfunction
P1580 - 008 - Implausible Signal
Freeze Frame
Fault Status: 01111000
Fault Frequency: 6
Date: 2010.06.12
Time: 17:07:35

Freeze Frame
RPM: 0 /min
Torque: 0.0 Nm
Voltage: 12.31 V
Duty Cycle: 82.9 %

004203 - Throttle Valve: Stuck or difficult to move
P106B - 001 - Upper Limit Exceeded - Intermittent
Freeze Frame
Fault Status: 01100001
Fault Frequency: 254
Date: 2010.06.18
Time: 22:11:34

Freeze Frame
RPM: 777 /min
Torque: 93.6 Nm
Voltage: 4.080 V
Duty Cycle: 61.2 %
Duty Cycle: 7.5 %
P1580 is
P1580
Throttle Position Actuator (V60) dirty/stuck/faulty

P106B is
P106B

Could be -
1) Wiring/Connectors from/to Throttle Body Control Module to Engine Control Module faulty OR
2) Throttle Body Control Module Damaged and/or Moving Difficulties

Click on the code links for a fuller explanation in both cases
HTH

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 23rd June 2010, 08:58 AM

Try to clean the throttle body.

Remove the inlet pipe and clean out with a brake-cleaber soaked rag. Make sure you get right into the corners of where the mounting rod is and DON'T DROP ANYTHING IN OR GET YA RAG STUCK IN IT!!!

Breather gases can make oil vapour and carbon deposits build up in the housing that eventually restricts the throttle plate's movemnt.

Cleaning it may help but you then need to re-adapt it.

Plug in VAGcom, ignition on. Into Engine and select BAsic Settings. Type in 060 in the block field and hit return. It will show some movement in terms of either a percentage of travel or a current draw in milliamps. In the right hand block it will say "ADAP RUN, then ADAPT OK when it's finished. You'll here the valve moving.
Once it's done just exit and clear any faults. Then start the car WITHOUT touching the throttle pedal.

If this doesn't work you may have a duff wire or knackered valve!

Good luck.

p.s, I'm assuning you have the 40v not 32v, if you have a cable operated throttle as a possed to full drive by wore one then the basic setting figure os 098 istead of 060 but same procedure.
Old 24th June 2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPerformance View Post
Try to clean the throttle body.

Remove the inlet pipe and clean out with a brake-cleaber soaked rag. Make sure you get right into the corners of where the mounting rod is and DON'T DROP ANYTHING IN OR GET YA RAG STUCK IN IT!!!

Breather gases can make oil vapour and carbon deposits build up in the housing that eventually restricts the throttle plate's movemnt.

Cleaning it may help but you then need to re-adapt it.

Plug in VAGcom, ignition on. Into Engine and select BAsic Settings. Type in 060 in the block field and hit return. It will show some movement in terms of either a percentage of travel or a current draw in milliamps. In the right hand block it will say "ADAP RUN, then ADAPT OK when it's finished. You'll here the valve moving.
Once it's done just exit and clear any faults. Then start the car WITHOUT touching the throttle pedal.

If this doesn't work you may have a duff wire or knackered valve!

Good luck.

p.s, I'm assuning you have the 40v not 32v, if you have a cable operated throttle as a possed to full drive by wore one then the basic setting figure os 098 istead of 060 but same procedure.
Thank You, I will try this

I was understanding until what I have highlighted bold.

It's a 3.0 TDI if that helps

When I pop the engine cover off I can see a few bits moving backwards and forwards... this in in perfect timing with this "basey" noise I have coming from the exhaust Now, not sure if this is anything to do with it, but it seems I have VERY slight power surges when on the throttle (steady throttle i.e not moving throttle position)

Bloody car! Every time I polish it it wants something done to it, whether it be brake pads or a bloody service! lol

Good job I love her!

07 Silver D3 A/S8L Quattro S8 front end, Xenons, Bose, Bluetooth, Voice Control, Autodim mirrors, Heated folding mirrors, Double Glazed Windows, Electric Rear & Side Blinds, Black leather Comfort Seats with front memory seats & mirrors, Front & rear heated seats, Interior/Exterior light pack, TV.I.M, AMI, Parking sensors Front & Rear, Air suspension (soon to be lowered), Keyless entry & Start/Stop, 4 zone climate control, Power Boot Open/Close.
Old 25th June 2010, 07:24 AM

AH!!! My bad!

I never even considered it being a diesel!

In that case it will be due to a severe carbon build up within the intake manifold. This may be a bit more involved though due to this engine and it's design.
Be sure to buy your diesel somewhere good - cheap fuel causes huge build ups and can damage your common rail injectors quickly!! Always try to use Shell or BP where possible - NEVER any supermarket or Spot fuels ect!

You are gonna have to have inlet tract off and physically remove all the build up I would say with those faults.

Apologies again for assuming your motor was petrol! I should have read up as on many earlier posts you are pretty clear!!
Old 25th June 2010, 04:55 PM

can I put a fuel cleaner in to help??? Any you would recommend???? I have to admit I have used sainsburys fuel recently??? Should I go and use V power Diesel from shell??? Thanks for all your advise-if you were closer I'd be bringing it to you guys! lol