A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 21st February 2014, 10:14 AM

For anyone that is interested the front lower arms for the 20incher are 145.80 + VAT / 151.73 + VAT EACH for the rear and that is a trade price from TPS !

So far got 420 quote on Meyle kit..

Last edited by brasiliangringo; 21st February 2014 at 10:17 AM.
Old 21st February 2014, 01:30 PM

Aren't the rears available from another vag model from Meyle? Try plugging Audi part number into Meyle Europe site and it comes up with a cross reference part number

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 21st February 2014, 06:40 PM

In response to my question about Meyle front kits for lower arm front axle front / rear 20s (tops are same as many Qs)..

''No they don't I'm afraid although there are probably suppliers out there telling customers they do. They all exclude 20 inch rims. I just checked again now. You're stuck with TRW as they really are the only supplier other than Vaico and you wouldn't fit that.. I just sent the quote over btw. They do have limited stock and it would take a couple of days to arrive. Please let me know if you are happy and I can organise.
With best regards

Jason Hunter
All German Parts ltd
Unit 11 The Idas
Pontefract Road
Leeds''
LS10 1SP

Last edited by brasiliangringo; 21st February 2014 at 06:45 PM.
Old 21st February 2014, 06:44 PM

His original response was :

''Thanks for the email. I have checked the part numbers and am very familiar with this enquiry. These are TRW brand which was the original fitment. We have to get these direct from TRW in Germany and will shortly confirm price and availability.''
Old 21st February 2014, 07:21 PM

As said i bought cheap set of ebay arms and they lasted ok. But as said you will be changing them again. If you can do the spannering yourself it's ok but i suppose if you're keeping the car and paying for fitting then paying for decent arms to start with is the way to go.

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 21st February 2014, 07:25 PM

Noted what you said earlier but im guessing you are not running 20s as kits not available for the FEs.
Old 21st February 2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasiliangringo View Post
Noted what you said earlier but im guessing you are not running 20s as kits not available for the FEs.
Wasn't me I thought you were after experiences, i'll get my coat

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 21st February 2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Wasn't me I thought you were after experiences, i'll get my coat
Having said what i did, am confused now, as you never posted in this thread before.
Old 23rd February 2014, 08:17 AM

Default A8 Control arms

I bought a complete front end kit from these guys for £169 and it all seems pretty good.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/THE-MOTORIS...p2047675.l2563
Old 27th August 2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Laird View Post
Mine were Meyle from ebay, and I bought a full kit. But despite telling them car details, 2 of the arms were still the wrong type and had to be returned. had them on about 6 months and all seems OK so far.
Funny, I just discovered the same. Meyle HD set where the lower front arm cone wouldn't enter because the diameter was too large.
What is the larger one for?

I also discovered that the outer tie-rod ends didn't have any rubber bushing? Anyone experienced the difference? I guess the rubber will dampen the steering feedback and feel smoother?