A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Everything Else

D3 - Everything Else Anything that doesnt fit elsewhere

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th November 2018, 12:37 PM

Default Who services your S8?

My first (in my ownership) service is coming up and I've had a quote from a decent independent who is local to me. I also obtained a quote from Audi which is in line with their website

£255 minor (oil) service
£97 Pollen filter
£49 wipers

Audi will also provide a loan vehicle for the day.

Having obtained a quote from the indie, they are around £110 cheaper than Audi but I'm not sure the quote is using genuine parts but it is using OEM spec.

So, back to Audi and they said if I can get a written quote with part numbers used for genuine parts, they will match it. As the indie are unlikely to do this, Audi have knocked off £50 making it much more attractive and so I have booked in with them. They will also see if it can be reduced any more on the day. Interestingly Audi said they will match a service price providing

The garage is VAT registered
The parts used are genuine Audi
The The garage is within 15 miles of their dealership

I am interested to know who members use for their servicing? I could tackle this myself but with full history I want to maintain it
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder