A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > Spotless

Spotless For all your cleaning discussions....

Old 15th May 2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottB5 View Post
That is clean.

What about the interior?
Ill try and take some interior shots later for you Scott!

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 15th May 2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottB5 View Post
Even the wheel colour?
hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha hahahah
like your sense of humor Scott

I actually like the wheels a lot, they suit the car very well plus I like the design.

Norretal, 3.7 is the new 7.3

Two good things about 3.7
1. bigger than a 3.0 and 2.8
2. very reliable V8 which if remapped well is not that bad.
...but still not as powerful as the other ones above

...and as clearly you can see all the 3.7s, especially here, are the good looking ones

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 15th May 2014, 09:33 PM

Just jesting M-A8, the 3.7 comment never fails to get a reaction, Neil has resisted the urge to respond on this occasion......he'll be busy cleaning his car

I agree with your last comment, there are some unique and great looking 3.7's about, yours and Neil's being two of the best

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 16th May 2014, 07:27 AM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
.........before safely transferring him to the main house where some of the finest whiskey will be waiting to be drank in the lounge where there's a fire burning with the deer hounds sleeping close by?
Not accurate, but not too far off:

1. There is no whiskey in my house, only whisky! The former is Irish or American; the latter is Scottish!

2. As we have 2 lounges, the main one is called the drawing room!

3. It's a bit warm, even up here, to light the fire, I'm afraid.

4. We only have a cocker spaniel, and that's not allowed in the drawing room.
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 16th May 2014, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Laird View Post
Not accurate, but not too far off:

1. There is no whiskey in my house, only whisky! The former is Irish or American; the latter is Scottish!

2. As we have 2 lounges, the main one is called the drawing room!

3. It's a bit warm, even up here, to light the fire, I'm afraid.

4. We only have a cocker spaniel, and that's not allowed in the drawing room.
Haha, coming from the islands one would have thought I would have caught that speeling mistake....

Old 16th May 2014, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norretal View Post
Just jesting M-A8, the 3.7 comment never fails to get a reaction, Neil has resisted the urge to respond on this occasion......he'll be busy cleaning his car

I agree with your last comment, there are some unique and great looking 3.7's about, yours and Neil's being two of the best
Reaction to 3.7 comment, ha ha ha, it's the way it is, loud and proud

Two of the best, Thanks mate, it's nice to hear stuff like that because Mrs does not appreciate all the hard work put in, but she supports is very well and understand.
Very very often I get comments on the street, twice I was literally stopped, ''Nice car mate'', and usually I don't know how to respond only because it's 3.7, but when I'm driving away exhaust immediately turns the heads again and that's when I know I've done my job for the community (street entertainment)...just joking in case some of you may thing ''What a ****''

...and approval here means a lot, you guys are like Simon Cowel multiplied by 20

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.

Last edited by M-A8; 16th May 2014 at 06:56 PM.
Old 16th May 2014, 08:49 PM

It's nice to have your efforts appreciated and it certainly looks like you put loads of effort in, I hope to see you and the car at a meet soon.

Since I got the S8 I've visited my local Sainsbury's a few times and been immediately approached after I've parked up by the resident car cleaners, expecting them to ask if they can clean my car. The first time I saw one walking towards me I thought "You're kidding me mate, it's immaculate!" but he surprised me by complimenting me on it and asking about the power output etc in broken English. That's happened three times now with three different guys so I'm assuming it's an eye-catcher.

When I get some money built up again I'd like to investigate exhaust options as the tips aren't great on mine, but it'll wait for now. I'd also have been in your S8 grille "consortium" a few months ago if I'd had it, mine isn't bad but a brand new one would make a difference.

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 16th May 2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norretal View Post
It's nice to have your efforts appreciated and it certainly looks like you put loads of effort in, I hope to see you and the car at a meet soon.

Since I got the S8 I've visited my local Sainsbury's a few times and been immediately approached after I've parked up by the resident car cleaners, expecting them to ask if they can clean my car. The first time I saw one walking towards me I thought "You're kidding me mate, it's immaculate!" but he surprised me by complimenting me on it and asking about the power output etc in broken English. That's happened three times now with three different guys so I'm assuming it's an eye-catcher.

When I get some money built up again I'd like to investigate exhaust options as the tips aren't great on mine, but it'll wait for now. I'd also have been in your S8 grille "consortium" a few months ago if I'd had it, mine isn't bad but a brand new one would make a difference.
I know that feeling, you almost feel like footballer getting out of some new Bentley , but thats more likely in your case, your its a different league, especially if you know stuff, details such as front bumper, rear bumper and boot, interior, mirrors etc. matter a lot.
And about the details, there is few bad bits around my car, tiny but as I'm aware of them it means they are a big deal

Almost every time when I'm leaving the car wash guys gather by the gate to watch the car shooting off into the space
Recently, they even getting they cameras out to record a video and I remember that disappointed face getting smaller and smaller in my rear view mirror when one of the guy's camera did not come on quickly enough and it was to late to record it, so funny.

Grill can be sorted so just let me know and we will take it from there

Chances of me showing up are pretty high now, I even booked camping already, but ssshhhhh, don't tell anyone to not spoil it as I really really really want to come.

As soon re-spray, suspension and gearbox are done I'll be able to confirm my attendance 100%

...aaaah, and the last big clean

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10

Last edited by M-A8; 16th May 2014 at 09:05 PM.
Old 16th May 2014, 09:37 PM

The thing I like about the S8 is it's relatively discreet, two small V10 badges and an S8 badge on boot and grille, it means only people who "know" cars recognise what it is, and I think that's a good thing. I'm fortunate to own one but I'm an ignoramus compared to most on here so bought it not really knowing what it was all about, I certainly do now!

I learn something new about it every time I drive it and marvel at what it can do, will I ever get complacent or bored with it, I very much doubt it. Will I ever be as attached to it as I am with the D2, I doubt it but will keep a open mind

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 16th May 2014, 09:49 PM

Very well said, I have driven many cars over the years but none have ever made me want to go for a drive more than the 8.

It's refined and discreet till the go pedal is pressed into service, so comfortable and a pleasure to be in. Honestly think it's more comfy than my living room.

And I'm always learning new things about them.

Was in it the other day looking at the trim around the mirror and thought that looks like a hinge, after some prodding found that there's a little flap to fold down to block the space above the mirror, presumably to stop sunlight glare.

Zee Germans have thought of everything.

Would be hard pressed to find an alternative to a 8