A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 19th August 2018, 10:27 AM

Default Driver's heated seat

Hi

As everybody noticed summer 2018 is gone and cold mornings starting to popping up so I decided to use the best feature ever invented in car, heated seats, where my problem begins, the drivers seat only does not work.
Somebody might have experienced issue as I am facing now, if you are the one please share your fix.
Last time I used heated seats was last year so haven't turned them on since until recently.
I sat in the car turned front passenger and driver's heated seats on and my GF instantly said oouuu yeaah nice warm seat thank you, you welcome, damn my is not working. So I looked at the settings and it was up on 6, checked fuse(fuse is for both seats), unplugged and put back all harness under the seat and still nothing. Wires are not damaged or anything. Scanned with VCDS it came up with FR seat temperature sensor. Anybody know where is it located or if this could be the reason seat heating is not working?
Thank you

Previous : Chevrolet Blazer 2001 LT 4.3 petrol
Old 8th September 2018, 07:02 PM

Just an little update.

When I put my seat into the lowest position, the lumbar, back tilt, seatbelt hight and the the option which makes the seat longer(dont know how is called) is not working,, if i get out of the car and try to adjust it without sitting in it everything works... I hope is not due to my (87kg) weight.

When my GF drives and she can put the seat in whatever position she likes everything works and also the bloody seat heating..

VCDS read error: grounding for the seats motors error.
Cant see anything wrong with the wires thou..
Does anybody know where are all seat groundings?

Previous : Chevrolet Blazer 2001 LT 4.3 petrol
Old 9th September 2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lackovicj View Post
Just an little update.

When I put my seat into the lowest position, the lumbar, back tilt, seatbelt hight and the the option which makes the seat longer(dont know how is called) is not working,, if i get out of the car and try to adjust it without sitting in it everything works... I hope is not due to my (87kg) weight.

When my GF drives and she can put the seat in whatever position she likes everything works and also the bloody seat heating..

VCDS read error: grounding for the seats motors error.
Cant see anything wrong with the wires thou..
Does anybody know where are all seat groundings?
Maybe you have a wiring issue in your seat, one or several wires can be cut/ damaged and depending on the position they can be working or broken.
You'll have to check them from the connectors placed underneath the seat.

Cheers
Audi S8 D3 Facelift 2008. Phantom black pearl effect, Ceramic Brakes, 20 x 9J ‘7-arm twin-spoke’ design polished rims, ACC, Auxiliary heater, Side assist, Rear & side electrical blinds, Audi Parking System Advanced, Power boot, Soft close, Kessy, Auto dimming mirrors, Solar sunroof with photovoltaic cells, Bluetooth and Mobile phone with handset, Side & rear laminated glass, Leather & trim package 3, Bose 6000, Audi Music Interface, Digital TV & Radio, TPMS, Rear Climatronic, Front confort seats heated, ventilated & massage, Heated & electrically adjustable rear seats, Through-load facility, Tyre Mobility System & 19" spare wheel, Fridge, Alcantara package, Homelink, External lighting package.

Wish list: B&O sound system, Rear ventilation + massage, RSE, MMI remote