A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D4 > D4 - Everything Else

D4 - Everything Else Holding forum for all D4 banter until membership grows and we'll expand out

Old 20th June 2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepit View Post
Hi all,

I've just taken delivery of a new A8 SE. Added options were Matrix headlights and Piano black trim.

I've previoulsly owned three 7 series BMW and made the switch to Audi in order get the quattro drive.

I can already tell you 100% it's a major improvement over the rwd BMW.

Anyway hello everyone. I look forward to sharing information as and when. I've already completed my own ski hatch / thru loading conversion and will post the procedure with pictures soon.

Cheers,

Firepit
Yes, I've had a couple of 7 series on the past. The rear wheel drive is a massive pain on ice and snow. I've done about 12k in mine so far, I've never even so much as spun a wheel. Solidly planted at all times.
Old 25th November 2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
Also be careful if you take out the spare tyre, there is a battery monitor connector in the well. If you break the connector you stop/start won't work. Audi charged me £150 to sort it!
Hi Stevie, Are you saying here that there is something which will permanently disable the start stop feature? I'd prefer not to have to keep turning it off manually. It drives me nuts.
Old 26th November 2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Hi Stevie, Are you saying here that there is something which will permanently disable the start stop feature? I'd prefer not to have to keep turning it off manually. It drives me nuts.
Sport mode?
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8
Old 7th December 2014, 02:44 PM

Quote:
That will definately do the job. The car checks the battery charge level before activating the Start/Stop. So if you disconnect it it will never Start/Stop.

For the other poster, no sport mode on the gearbox/Dynamic on the MMI doesn't disable it.
Old 7th December 2014, 05:04 PM

matrix lights?

are you saying its like full beam and then tracks oncomming vehicles and just downs enough not to glare on the other driver
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 8th December 2014, 01:48 PM

The high beam is made up of a series of led's which create an arc of light. Just like a normal high beam.

The system detects an on coming vehicle and selectively switches out the relevant leds, so as not to blind that driver. whilst leaving the other ones on so that you can see the rest of the beam. If you are following a car, it blanks the middle section leaving the sides on.

If you are driving along with full main beam on and a car approaches you, it will switch out the further most led and progress inwards as the car gets nearer.

Really neat.