A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > IT, AV and other Tech

IT, AV and other Tech All computing, home cinema and technology that isnt car related

Old 31st October 2012, 09:29 PM

Default Lost MS Works installation CD

Bit of a long shot this, but does anyone have an installation CD for Microsoft Works 8.0?
I just need a copy as the original is lost (OK thrown away ), but is required by an update to an existing installation.
A spare or a copy is fine, no product key required, just the actual media.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 1st November 2012, 12:22 PM

I have a new version of v9 if thats any help
Old 1st November 2012, 12:39 PM

Many thanks for the offer but it does have to be v8.0 I'm afraid, to repair an existing installation.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 1st November 2012, 12:56 PM

Not a direct answer but if you can't get the disk you require and you have documents you created in MS Works you need to access, LibreOffice, a free open source office suite reports it can open MS Works format.
Old 1st November 2012, 01:13 PM

Yes indeed, that sort of solution is one fallback.
(There are many others I'm aware of; to save people speculating it's a more complex problem than is worth explaining here, the CD is just the "easy" option - not least because the PC in question isn't readily accessible by anyone with PC skills, such as me! )
Old 1st November 2012, 01:20 PM

If nobody can assist, there's OEM 8.5 on ebay for not much money

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microsoft-...item4d065056a7

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microsoft-...item415694e5a1

I'm sure a browse of file sharing sites will turn up a copy of 8.0 if your happy to go that route? Don't think I know anyone that uses Works, unfortunately!

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 1st November 2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Many thanks for the offer but it does have to be v8.0 I'm afraid, to repair an existing installation.
Sorry I cannot help you ................I have been through all my old dics and I seem to have vertually everything but v8
Old 1st November 2012, 04:35 PM

I have Works V7 you're welcome to if it's any use?
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Old 1st November 2012, 04:47 PM

I threw a couple out at the weekend too!

I know.. I know..

Old 1st November 2012, 04:49 PM

Thanks very much for looking folks, but sadly ONLY v8.0 fits the bill.

I do have other solutions so please don't put yourselves out.