A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Our Other Audi Friends > TT 8N

TT 8N 1998-2006

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15th April 2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gninnam View Post
It's an EONON unit (GA2170).
Regards the RNS/D2 situation - their are loads of head units that will replace the installed unit and give you all the modern stuff - I know people on the TT forum have installed Android (and other) units and got them to work properly.
This is interesting. I have a RNS-D unit installed on my D2 S8 and I want a reversing cam and to stream music. I am veering away from an Android unit as I want to keep the original look but I in my infinite unwisdom can't work out how to do that! Use the defunct TV tuner for the cam and a hidden bluetooth module maybe? Plus how long will FM/AM be available, however I've been asking myself that for about 12 years now!

So andorid unit may have to do. Where can you get the correct blanking plates for these, sorry it's been a very long while since I've upgraded any ICE stuff! Think it was a radio/cassette and two big chunky speakers on the rear shelf on my Cortina!

2002 D2 S8 - Avus Silver, Valcona red leather, Dark Myrtle wood inserts, Heated rear seats, Heated windscreen, Auto dim rear view mirror, Bose, Xenon Plus, Servotronic, Extended leather, Heat & UV Reflective glass & Ski hatch. Gearbox went bang but she's sleeping safely away.