A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 13th May 2018, 01:10 PM

Default For Sale - 2002 D2 S8 Ming Blue

2002 D2 Audi S8 – Ming Blue

Ladies and gentlemen, it’s a sad day but I have made the decision to sell my beautiful D2 S8.

As it’s closing in on 200k she is getting a little old hence I wish to sell it to a forum member then the space in the garage will be used to buy another younger S8.

Current mileage is 196,000.

The car is Ming Blue pearl, black leather interior and comes with 20” Final Edition alloys.

The car drives well but is now getting a little old and leaky, the cam cover gaskets are leaking a little oil, there is a small coolant leak and now the gearbox is leaking at the sump. The car did a few years ago spit out a spark plug on cylinder 3, but the spark plug and the coil pack was replaced and its driven perfectly ever since.

Vagcom scan shows no faults codes on the engine or the gearbox.

Everything works as it should all electrics operate as expected its just getting a little old as the miles have passed under its wheels.

Key Points to Note:

• The car had £3097 spent on it at Mackies in 2013 when the car had done 163k on the gearbox having the works done, completely reconditioning the gearbox.

• New cambelt fitted with water pump in 2016 at 190k

• The car comes with the mother and father or all history files; everything that has been done under my ownership and the previous owners is documented with invoices. The car has a full service history and backed up by all the bills. This includes the important invoices for the Cambelts and Gearbox.

• In my ownership the car has had Disks & Pads, Battery, Tyres, Intake Manifold Links, Coil Packs, Calipers, Track Rods, Lower wishbone to name just some of the work done

• Both front grilles in place and zip tied on!

• This car is not new, it’s close to 200k so the bodywork is good but as always it does have the odd mark and scratch on it.

• Car is fitted with LPG. The LPG kit is an OMVL direct injection kit which runs via the original Audi ECU, the 60 litre tank is fitted within the spare wheel well Its been set up to run on LPG from idle to 5k RPM and on either wide open throttle or above 5K it runs on petrol. On occasion when running on LPG the car can show a warning light with the code that the engine is running too lean on one of the banks.

• The car also comes with the dealer fit rear entertainment package with Playstation 2, DVD Player, headphones and fold down screen

• Forum member Duffy owned the cars for 6 years prior to my current 4 years of ownership

• Mot Expires 28th October 2018

• The Alloys will need a refurb, they have been diamond cut and this coming away and corroding a little around the edges.

• Front tyres are Falkens fitted at 193,000

• Rear Tyres are Avon ZZ5 fitted at 193,000

• Standard equipment of Recaro Electric Memory and Heated seats

• Sunroof (Not Solar)

• Electric windows and mirrors

• Electric real blind and window blinds

• Both catalysts have been replaced

• Complete book pack and service history records

In summary the perfect D2, but just now getting a little old. I would love this to go to a good home with some who has more time than I to do all the small jobs it needs to get it perfect again. Its a lovely car but please be aware it will need some work, its not new and its not a perfect condition car.

As for price, I am open to offers as it’s so hard to value such a wonderful old car.

The car is located in Gloucestershire so more than happy for people to come and view.

Old 13th May 2018, 02:00 PM

Noted with interest!
2012 Porsche 981 3.4S PDK mid life crisis!
Old 13th May 2018, 03:57 PM

Love the colour combo! I would have had it if I had recently got mine.

I reckon MJ could work her magic on it and get those leaks sorted!

Did you get to the bottom of the recent 'box problem? Was it just a leaky box? I'd imagine a Mackies job would keep it going for another 160k!

2002 D2 S8 - Avus Silver, Valcona red leather, Dark Myrtle wood inserts, Heated rear seats, Heated windscreen, Auto dim rear view mirror, Bose, Xenon Plus, Servotronic, Extended leather, Heat & UV Reflective glass & Ski hatch. Gearbox went bang but she's sleeping safely away.
Old 13th May 2018, 04:09 PM

Yes the gearbox problems was simply due to it being leaky and low on fluid.

When I topped it up it was fine.
Old 13th May 2018, 04:15 PM

Provisionally Sold to a damn fine gentleman