A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior Electrics

D2 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 16th July 2012, 04:26 PM

Default Boot lights

Guys,

Niether of the luggage compartment lights work in my D2 S8.

I have checked all the fuses that sounded like they might be related, (although one is listed specifically for the boot lights that I could see) and they're all good. I've also tested the bulbs, they're good too.

What's going on here do you think? It's a shame to have such an enormous boot and not be able to see a thing in there after dark.

Also, is the glovebox supposed to have a light in it? Mine doesn't appear too.

TIA

Ollie
Old 16th July 2012, 04:34 PM

Hi Ollie an sorry for not saying hi in the intro's.

My PF boot lights don't come on straight away, but there is a click sort of sound and then they come on. I would say there is something in the boot lid that switches but IT or someone will educate us.

Also there is a light in the glove box and this is very random on my car.

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 16th July 2012, 04:38 PM

I'm pretty sure it's a switch that's part of the unlocking mechanism in the boot lid. Fairly easy to take all the trim off and have a look; I would have thought it was fairly obvious.
(I've been in there a few times resolving GPS aerial issues)
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 16th July 2012, 04:39 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Hi Ollie an sorry for not saying hi in the intro's.

My PF boot lights don't come on straight away, but there is a click sort of sound and then they come on. I would say there is something in the boot lid that switches but IT or someone will educate us.

Also there is a light in the glove box and this is very random on my car.
Hi Dezzy,

No worries mate, okay cool. It would make sense if a switch had failed in the boot. Hopefully one of the other chaps can confirm. I literally could not find the glovebox light, must be well hidden?!
Old 16th July 2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ollie- View Post
could not find the glovebox light, must be well hidden?!
It's in the glovebox "roof" pretty much directly in front of the passengers right knee.
Sit in the passenger seat, open the glovebox and reach in, you'll feel the bulb cover. (Only comes on if the lights are switched on.)
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 16th July 2012, 06:24 PM

I see there is a contact on the trunk lid catch which might activate the lights...

Diagram of glovebox light....

Wiring Digram for lights..... I think trunk wiring is on page 31...

http://www.mitchell-auto.ru/wiring-d...udi-s8-wd.html

" Love the Sound of a V8....... All Day " *still wish it was a V10*

2002 S8 D2 F/L
H & R Springs, Koni Coil Overs, Dastek Chip, Sport Exhaust, 19" S5 Rims, Solar Sun Roof (Cause we have Sun) and most of the Bells & Whistles.
Old 16th July 2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyole View Post
I see there is a contact on the trunk lid catch which might activate the lights...

Diagram of glovebox light....

Wiring Digram for lights..... I think trunk wiring is on page 31...

http://www.mitchell-auto.ru/wiring-d...udi-s8-wd.html

You're a gent, many thanks.

Just happened across a video of your car on Youtube actually, what exhaust are you running mate? Sounds superb.
Old 18th July 2012, 04:58 AM

Hi Mate...... Thanks

The Exhaust is a custom sport exhaust.

In SA we are able to de-cat without issues from the authorities so the
Cats have ben removed...has an x pipe and flap on one pipe which has a different box set-up....

I can close the flap at the flick of a switch and have stealth mode and
open the flap for track days and terrorizing the neighbourhood....

" Love the Sound of a V8....... All Day " *still wish it was a V10*

2002 S8 D2 F/L
H & R Springs, Koni Coil Overs, Dastek Chip, Sport Exhaust, 19" S5 Rims, Solar Sun Roof (Cause we have Sun) and most of the Bells & Whistles.