A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior Electrics

D2 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 12th December 2012, 06:15 PM

Default Any thoughts on how to do this: Keyless entry/push button go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3fhHpJP-ZM

I know how the power trunk was done (Mini convertible struts) but the keyless entry and go are something I'm not wrapping my head around. Is the car IMMO defeated or is the immobilizer chip in this fob? Also, what module(s) is he using for the keyless entry? Any help would be great.
Old 12th December 2012, 08:41 PM

I'm thinking about going with this:

http://www.advancedkeys.com/

I can bypass/trick the IMMO system as well, no big issue. I wish their fob was a prettier design though.
Old 13th December 2012, 05:56 AM

Further research, I'll be using an Audi fob. This will be a nearly totally OEM appearing job. More to come.
Old 13th December 2012, 11:57 AM

Default Keyless

That is soooo cool....it is as if Q from James Bond has had his hands on that car.....
01 Audi a8 fl sport - Grey, Bose, Glass Sunroof, S8 grill/mirror covers/wheels, Aftermarket Exhaust, very quick and lots of fun!!!!!....well I gave it one final push on the pedal to hear that v8 growl and then it was off to a new home.....
99 Audi a8 fl - Silver, Black alcantara seat/ S8 grill/side mirror, MFSW, Solar Sunroof, 17" Monoblocks (for that extra cushion of air), Rnsc, Bose.....great motorway cruiser....now gone to a new home
02 Final Edition S8 - Avus Silver, Extended Leather Pack III, Front & Rear Heated Seats, Servo, Blinds, Rear Seat Entairtainment with Playstation, Bose, Bi Xenons.....now gone to a new home
97 PF A8 4.2 quattro sport - Cashmere Grey, Servo, RNS E, Blinds, Bose, 20 Final Edition Alloys, LPG....sold sadly and will be missed
03 S4 V8 Saloon - Misano red, Manual, Milltek, Bose, Xenons, RNS E - Sold as of Feb 2012

Old 19th December 2012, 01:52 AM

An update, I've been communicating with the manufacturer of the Advanced Keys kit about the push button. They no longer use the OEM Toyota button but rather a bespoke one to their kits that illuminates green. Obviously that doesn't match our interiors. That said, the gent told me that mid-late January they'll be releasing buttons that illuminate red, blue, and white as well. Red is of course what we want, so I'll be waiting until then to pull the trigger. Meantime I have a reversing camera, bluetooth/SDS, and auto wipers/headlights to deal with, so I'm in no rush.
Old 9th May 2013, 04:52 AM

Been absent for a bit as I've been working on my Scirocco recently, but I'm back on the 8 and am ordering this kit. The red-lit push button is now available as well.
Old 9th May 2013, 07:00 AM

In terms of video I think he has installed a central locking ECU from newest Audi and connected lock/unlock wire (it is just one wire) with original central locking mechanism of D2. Just like you would install 3rd party security system.

Nice to see you on the forum again. I'm following all your mods!
Old 9th May 2013, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71camaro View Post
An update, I've been communicating with the manufacturer of the Advanced Keys kit about the push button. They no longer use the OEM Toyota button but rather a bespoke one to their kits that illuminates green. Obviously that doesn't match our interiors. That said, the gent told me that mid-late January they'll be releasing buttons that illuminate red, blue, and white as well. Red is of course what we want, so I'll be waiting until then to pull the trigger. Meantime I have a reversing camera, bluetooth/SDS, and auto wipers/headlights to deal with, so I'm in no rush.
Good to see you back. I'm interested to see the results of the windscreen/headlights mod.
Old 27th May 2013, 12:32 AM

Sorry for the poor quality pic. Still figuring a few things out, but I can start the car off the button without issue. Also please excuse the removed carpets and trim.
Old 27th May 2013, 07:39 AM

Great button! Is this OEM Audi?