A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D2 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 28th November 2020, 06:11 PM

Default I want...need more bass

Hi all, so at first I thought Bose will be enough...I was wrong. I miss heavy bass Mine being a rare-ish LWB I rather not cut rear parcelshelf to fit a subwoofer although it would look the best, and also I am not huge fan of box in the boot...I know, I'm cutting my options short here

What other options I have? How about mounting a small shallow fit subwoofer in side compartment where amp goes?

I'm happy for speakers to run off head unit, just need that extra bass
Old 28th November 2020, 08:05 PM

Didn't someone (you know who I mean) use the ski hatch rear armrest for a subwoofer? Though it does probably intrude into the boot.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 29th November 2020, 02:34 AM

What about those under seat Subs? My 1 series had it, quite punchy.

SOLD. Audi A8L 4.2TDI Silver 2006

Seat Ibiza 1.4tdi Eco 2008 Silver (£0 Tax)sold

NO VCDS rely on Neeldub
Old 29th November 2020, 07:36 PM

I have a Panasonic under seat sub in the camper van. Very tidy and easy to install (can work off speaker line output or phono/sub output from the head unit)

Wired remote gives you control from mild thump to dish rattling experience
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sub seat.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	24701  

Daily drive:
2016 Infiniti QX70.....a car that's even more complicated than my last Infiniti FX to modify

Current 'Project':
VW Crafter CR50 4 berth camper van

Previous 'Projects':
2006 Subaru Legacy Spec 'B' 3.0R,
1994 Ex-MOD Land Rover Defender, now "civilianised".
2000 Audi S8 FL

www.whall.co.uk
Old 6th December 2020, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiseuk View Post
I have a Panasonic under seat sub in the camper van. Very tidy and easy to install (can work off speaker line output or phono/sub output from the head unit)

Wired remote gives you control from mild thump to dish rattling experience
Are these as good as they look? I found this type which would mean sacrificing little bit of boot space but a lot less than conventional suborder box.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174083232652
Old 6th December 2020, 03:01 PM

Coming from a panel van with 2 rubbish OEM speakers in the doors anything is an improvement!

I upgraded the door speakers to a JBL component set with tweeters atop the dash, 2x JBL component sets in the rear cabinetry (which provides a decent bass output on its own)...still felt something was lacking up front.

The sub provided just that nice extra thud for the front row listeners

Daily drive:
2016 Infiniti QX70.....a car that's even more complicated than my last Infiniti FX to modify

Current 'Project':
VW Crafter CR50 4 berth camper van

Previous 'Projects':
2006 Subaru Legacy Spec 'B' 3.0R,
1994 Ex-MOD Land Rover Defender, now "civilianised".
2000 Audi S8 FL

www.whall.co.uk
Old 3rd January 2021, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-M3 View Post
What about those under seat Subs? My 1 series had it, quite punchy.
Is there enough space under the seat for one of these? Anyone installed one in their D2? I found out my S8 has a large dome in the spare tire well which houses the fuel system evap gear since I live in the States. I was hoping to cut out the dome and flip the spare wheel over and use a spare wheel subwoofer but that won't work. So I have to go with a different option.

My mods: Oxblood red interior, LED interior lights, D3 ignition coils, new window tint, tip steering wheel with new S8 emblem, mk1 TT steering wheel air bag, mk1 TT 6 speed shift knob, new shift boot.