A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > Other marques

Other marques All non Audi other cars

Old 30th September 2021, 08:02 AM

See below Ainar:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
No I don't and considering the price of adapter (£400+) and availability of other connectors no reason to have one. I have CCS upgrade and most public chargers in Europe seem to be dual connector 50kW CCS/50kW Chademo or triple with extra 43kW Type 2.

That's good that you've got the CCS upgrade - I have too, so I doubt I'll ever use my Chademo again, as the my UK-centric travel is likely to be be served fully by Superchargers or CCS-adapter compatible other chargers. My Chademo will just remain as an "loanable" item to other MS owners who may need it - which would include you, of course!

Mint sounds expensive but considering you get tyres at good prices maybe maybe they can fit my budget.

Try me - you might be surprised . You're certainly get a discount vs what I'd offer it to any old third party, given how much you've helped me save on tyres since you introduced me to DM Tyres (who, incidentally, I'll be picking up some 21" Model S Sottozeros from later this week )

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 2nd October 2021, 01:44 PM

Default Secrets of the Supercar - A Model S explainer (for those interested...)

A good 30 minutes worth, just finishing now on Freeview, but also online here:

https://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/se.../6254402220001

(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 5th October 2021, 02:40 PM

My wife will be returning to the commute very soon - it's not a massive distance (about 12 miles) so in petrol terms not horrific, but has got me wondering at what point the cost of fuel etc is balanced out with the cost of EV ownership. Particularly when it's your own money and no company BIK to factor in.

I just browsed Model 3s on the Tesla website and the outright purchase price for a used one is, erm, punchy! Not ruled out other models by any means, but all the horror stories of trying to charge anything else when away from home are putting me off until the infrastructure improves significantly. Most of our longer runs are to visit family so there'd be a 3 pin mains outlet and a long extension lead, unless we can charge on route.

The S5 is in the firing line for moving on, given its age and that the Golf is actually pretty economical.

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 5th October 2021, 05:08 PM

With the electricity prices going up the cost gap between ICE and EV is narrowing. With a typical ICE if you get 15-20p per mile, in electric car you get about 3 miles per kWh(maybe 4 on smaller cars) with the average price now about 20p/kWh it's about 7p/mile. It can be cheaper if you are still on cheaper fixed tariff or if you have cheap off peak night rate but what will happen when the deal comes to the end?

Prices on public superchargers are going up, Tesla is the cheapest from 24p/kWh depending on location, Ionity is the most expensive 69p UK, €0.79 in Europe which is the same or more per mile than ICE. Because of that it was very important for me to get Model S with free supercharging. Not much help if you do not have one near you and you don't go near one on your regular travels. My nearest is 17 miles away but I am passing about 100 metres from it most of days so I just stop by and top up. I have done over 2100 miles now in 4 weeks and only spent about £5 charging at home with rest being superchargers and free public chargers like at Tesco, shopping centres ect.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure
Old 12th October 2021, 07:25 AM

Default my friend bought a Tesla last week

well he rang me last night to inform me its the Best car he has ever driven
amazing ! and all that
im not sure which model it is but i think im leaning towards one now
so i need to test drive one and talk " battery life/warranty" as thats all that bothers me
Old 12th October 2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto View Post
well he rang me last night to inform me its the Best car he has ever driven
amazing ! and all that
im not sure which model it is but i think im leaning towards one now
so i need to test drive one and talk " battery life/warranty" as thats all that bothers me
I've been telling you this for yeeears Roberto!

It'll be a Model 3, if bought new, 'cos that's all you can get in the UK this year - Model S & X stopped production at the start of of the year, and isn't restarting RHD production till next year.

The latest on battery warranty is here: https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/support/vehicle-warranty, but basically it's now 8 years/120k for a Model 3.

...though obviously, as it's you, you'll also want to know how much the RFL is too - which is nil . M3P is quicker than an RS6 too

Old 12th October 2021, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
...though obviously, as it's you, you'll also want to know how much the RFL is too - which is nil . M3P is quicker than an RS6 too
But what if it's ever been driven in Scotland?
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011

Old 12th October 2021, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg View Post
But what if it's ever been driven in Scotland?
it wont as ill buy a new one
Old 12th October 2021, 11:26 AM

I just read an article about a proposed law to limit the hours one are allowed to charge an EV at home.
Might be of interest?
Kind of ironic, isn't it? As governments push the switch to EVs.

https://insideevs.com/news/537120/ev...ed-off-uk/amp/

Johannes
_________
Audi S8 -99, Pearlescent, Alcantara/silk napa leather, Burr walnut insert, Alcantara roof lining upper pack
A8 32V engine
-----
Jeep Grand Cherokee -98
Old 12th October 2021, 12:17 PM

It's a logical consequence of using more renewables with variable/unpredictable generating capability and the introduction of (currently totally useless) so-called Smart Meters to manage demand.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!