A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Transmission

D2 - Transmission Gearboxes, diffs, drive shafts.

Old 15th August 2020, 09:59 PM

I can't see the pic in the first post. What's the actual problem?

There is no change in logic between the two types of F125 and the TCU doesn't care which switch it has. The only important thing is whether the TCU is a PRND432 version or a PRNDS version, in which case it must have the right top on the shifter. Switches and electrical gubbins are otherwise identical.
Old 15th August 2020, 10:33 PM

It was actually a video showing that the display omitted something about the gear selection (Display "P") as you moved the stick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
The only important thing is whether the TCU is a PRND432 version or a PRNDS version, in which case it must have the right top on the shifter. Switches and electrical gubbins are otherwise identical.
Very useful to know that about switches etc. but I was also asking about the shifter in the 2 cars; no answer as yet.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
That's why I asked about the shifter on the current and donor cars; are they the same or not (Sport mode etc.)
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 15th August 2020 at 10:42 PM.
Old 16th August 2020, 01:46 AM

OK here goes XGA had oval plug on gearbox when reconditioned and worked absolutely fine in that car W8AND gearbox with old round plug on stopped working limp mode so I took XGA gearbox and tcm and put them in W8AND but because W8AND has old round plug on loom to connect to f125 I could not use XGA f125 because it has oval black plug so I used W8AND f125 so I could connect XGA gearbox to W8AND loom.... Hp I really hope you get what I've done thanks foe everyone who has helped in this matter I really don't know what else to do😔
Old 16th August 2020, 08:45 AM

But what is the actual problem? P doesn't light up? Does it select gears and move?
Old 16th August 2020, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
There is no change in logic between the two types of F125 and the TCU doesn't care which switch it has.
I'll ask in another thread, rather than digress in this one, about the 8 versus 9 wires, if you know the answer. See: http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15830

The only thing I saw in the video IIRC was P not illuminating in the DIS. But it's a PITA to view it (as I think you found) so I haven't been back to look again.

I do also wonder if the original limp mode had a faulty F125 component to it and as the same F125 is still in situ it's confusing things rather...…...
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 16th August 2020 at 10:47 AM.
Old 16th August 2020, 12:06 PM

OK if our sponsor has round f125 should I purchase it
Old 16th August 2020, 12:42 PM

We have no idea because you still haven't told us what the actual problem is
Old 16th August 2020, 12:53 PM

Hi mj thanks I know you all trying to help I maybe doing this the wrong way... But p won't light up on dash is the only problem I'm worried about running car as to damage gearbox so doing a non start check before I fill her up with oil and coolant the gearbox is full of fluid did not lose any when I done the swap also I don't want to damage steering pump as that also need fluid that is empty and I understand there is a process for filling it if I get hold of vcds from someone would that help me to check if my gears are in the right place and can vcds tell me if f125 is no good
Old 16th August 2020, 12:59 PM

And please please please tell us about the shifters on both cars! Even better, identified photos of both.
Old 16th August 2020, 01:34 PM

Default Gearbox help

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/album.php...pictureid=1410