A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Interior Electrics

D3 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 2nd April 2021, 05:01 PM

Default Rear Window Demister Auto On

Hi all and a Happy Easter to everyone.
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to toggle a setting using VCDS (or not) so that the car activates the rear window demister every time it's started? I thought I had this in a previous car where I would just turn it on when needed come Winter and then turn it off again come Spring.
Old 4th April 2021, 01:19 PM

Your D3 should not be steaming up. If it is this can be a symptom of other issues that are best addressed before they lead to expensive damage. Namely blocked drains causing water to flow over the electronics situated in the front passenger foot well. In front of where their feet rest.

Having said that there is an issue with the seal of the rear windows on the D3's. Perhaps this is the cause of your condensation. You can sometimes see what's going on there by looking through the glass from outside, at the edges. If its not stuck down this might be visible.

Hope this helps
Old 4th April 2021, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonupkid View Post
Your D3 should not be steaming up. If it is this can be a symptom of other issues that are best addressed before they lead to expensive damage. Namely blocked drains causing water to flow over the electronics situated in the front passenger foot well. In front of where their feet rest.

Having said that there is an issue with the seal of the rear windows on the D3's. Perhaps this is the cause of your condensation. You can sometimes see what's going on there by looking through the glass from outside, at the edges. If its not stuck down this might be visible.

Hope this helps
Thanks for the suggestions, if I ever get what you're describing I'll know what to check.
I'm not having condensation issues - more of a laziness issue!!
Moment has passed now with Spring arriving but I actually did find it a minor annoyance during the Winter where I'd have to 'actually' press the button - of all things!!
Old 4th April 2021, 08:49 PM

Sorry to have confounded