A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Interior Electrics

D2 - Interior Electrics Airbags, Sensors, climate modules, instrument clusters, switches etc

Old 13th February 2014, 09:47 PM

Just correcting an error on the first picture where the cables should go:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	solar_wiring.jpg
Views:	846
Size:	291.6 KB
ID:	7310  
Old 27th April 2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
connect these 2 earth connections together, one from the solar panel, and one on the car
Can anyone identify what those yellow connectors (with purple bits) actually are and where/how to buy a pair?
Edit: they are marked, I think (very difficult to read) BZE Germany, VW, Audi (rings), 813 972 623.

I've found them (eventually) on my car and confirmed that opening that joint disables the solar sunroof.
What I want to do is fit a switch in that circuit and the best solution would use another pair of those connectors to loop into the circuit in a 100% reversible way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EarthPlugs.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	7932  
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 27th April 2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old 29th April 2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Can anyone identify what those yellow connectors (with purple bits) actually are and where/how to buy a pair?
Engaged brain at last. The obvious answer being - A8parts, who can supply at a fair price!
Ordered today; switch fitted to the side panel where it's hidden and accessible only with the glovebox open and a suitable length of thick brown wire is reserved.
Just need to "join the dots" when the connectors arrive and put the trim back.

Also, having looked in more detail where the sunroof wiring runs it doesn't look too difficult to implement the "sunroof charges the battery" as a switchable option as described elsewhere. A possible later "upgrade" which will obviously need to hook into the +ve wiring around the solar relay.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!
Old 30th April 2014, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Just need to "join the dots" when the connectors arrive and put the trim back.
All done, I know have a neat little rocker switch, only visible with the glovebox open, to turn the solar fan on and off.
I'll see how it goes, but to start will only have it "on" when I'm out and about on sunny days and park up.
Old 10th February 2021, 11:05 PM

Default Where can I get a D2 Solar loom ??

Where can I get a D2 Solar loom ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluewhale View Post
Dave,

Well done mate glad it's working.
I've swapped the sunroof now and I'm about to attempt the wiring.

I have some questions: You said you've changed the tracks? Erm...are they the runners or something else?

A-pillar trim removal. How do you do it? Has it been documented on here yet?

The rest doesn't look too bad with Ian's guide.

Any help, as always, appreciated.
Old 11th February 2021, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Puddick View Post
Where can I get a D2 Solar loom ??
Try our forum sponsors (details at head of the page) and talk to the very helpful people there