A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Wheels and Tyres

D3 - Wheels and Tyres Refurbing, center caps, tyre brands, tyrefitters - discuss it here

Old 27th November 2015, 05:27 AM

Default Tyre advice for 19x9's

Hi all,

I have a second set of wheels which I intend to fit soon once the tyres on the 20's have come to the end of their working life. I have opted for 19x9 from a 2007 RS4 due to the offset of ET29 which fill the arches very nicely without the need for spacers.

My question is regarding tyre choice, I know they will be 255/40/19, but as there is so much variation between brands I would be grateful for any input or images you have of that tyre size fitted on a 9" rim. As the ET29 wheels are significantly wider I would like to find a tyre that provides a little 'stretch' but still being the correct size.

For instance on an older Audi I had 8" wheels, I have Michelin PS2's, 225 width, and they looked stretched. Replaced those with some Vredestein tyres of equal width and profile and they sidewall was completely vertical.

Given the extra 'poke' of the new wheel I would like the tyre choice to have a little stretch to ensure that under no circumstance do I encounter issues with rubbing/scraping the inner arches.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide
Old 27th November 2015, 08:58 AM

Hi mate I got 19" wheels on mine with 255 tyres all round only thing I find it is a nightmare with the ruts in the road I've been told it's because of the size of tyres