A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15th February 2020, 01:05 PM

Default Front airbags deflated/ won't raise

Hi all, I know there are a million threads on this. I have taken time to read through a load of them but, I'm still not not sure how to rectify this.

I took my car in last week for the control arms to be replaced, the chap did not engage 'jack mode' and the car was being worked on for quite a few hours.

After the work was complete and the car was back on the ground, the front of the car has completely dropped and the wheels are in the arches.

When I switch on the car it does not raise at all on the front, although it seems the rears have some air in them.

I cannot select ride height options as they are totally greyed out.

The mechanic said he checked the fuses and relay and they were in working order, he did not replace them but merely said the work as they should.

The mechanic also said the compressor works.

From reading I understand a healthy pump pushes 14+ bar of pressure, how does one measure this?

The mechanic is looking at re-calibrating the suspension but I am worried he won't be able to do this with the ride height options not functioning.

Any suggestions please?