A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D4 > D4 - Body and Exterior

D4 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 26th April 2017, 07:35 PM

It could be that the codes just need clearing, a bad connection, a faulty part - or possibly most likely if my experience rings true, another one is faulty now! I did all four in the end
Old 7th May 2017, 05:42 PM

I will let you know Paul once I get it back to the garage, dnot know when that may be right now.

Cheers
Old 6th October 2017, 03:39 PM

Hmmm thought I would give this a go today as I have a fault on both nearside locks. Only have one sensor at the moment with a couple more on their way from the far east. Thought I'd start with the front door as the rear is further recessed so would be better when I knew what I was doing. Undid the torx screw as far as it would go but I can't get the door handle to lock open. I get it into the position as shown in Ian's picture but the slightest touch and the handle closes which clearly isn't correct. Curses...curses
Old 14th October 2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manca View Post
Hmmm thought I would give this a go today as I have a fault on both nearside locks. Only have one sensor at the moment with a couple more on their way from the far east. Thought I'd start with the front door as the rear is further recessed so would be better when I knew what I was doing. Undid the torx screw as far as it would go but I can't get the door handle to lock open. I get it into the position as shown in Ian's picture but the slightest touch and the handle closes which clearly isn't correct. Curses...curses
Admitted defeat. Third attempt today but can't get the passengers front door handle to 'lock' in the correct position. I have faults on both nearside doors so will find somewhere localish who can swap these out for me when I have a couple of days off next month....disappointed as it looked so straight forward and I miss advanced key.... heyho
Old 14th October 2017, 04:58 PM

I’ve done 2 now on my Sportback if you want a hand? It’s a fiddle and not intuitive at first look - I used string round the handle to get it located properly on 1st go but for 2nd I used Ian’s method successfully

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 15th October 2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
I’ve done 2 now on my Sportback if you want a hand? It’s a fiddle and not intuitive at first look - I used string round the handle to get it located properly on 1st go but for 2nd I used Ian’s method successfully
That's very generous Adrian, I'm sorely tempted if only to find out what I'm doing wrong.
Old 8th September 2020, 04:27 PM

Hello,

I was going to replace the keyless entry door handle sensor, but some problems occurred.
- First I removed the rubber grommet and unscrew the Torx 20 until it came to a stop.
- Then I held the handle a little way up, and gave the Torx 20 a firm press to release the key part of the handle. Handle locked up and I think I did it right.
- After that I tried to remove the key part of the handle, but it did not come out.
- Then I thought that maybe the handle was not locked properly earlier and I decided to start again from point zero and screwed the Torx 20 clockwise in the starting position.
- I repeated same steps couple times and got the handle locked up. Still the key part of the handle did not come out.
- I was going to repeat steps once again, but noticed that the Torx 20 was loose and I was not able to screw or unscrew it. It looks like that it's just lies in the little chamber freely as you can see in the picture enclosed.

Have anyone faced this kind of problem and how to solve it? I tried to pull Torx 20 backwards with pliers but it did not help.
The door still opens and closes fine, so I suppose that the handle mechanism is still in the correct position.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5719.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	23871  
Old 8th September 2020, 08:00 PM

Be careful, if it doesn't lock in properly and you back the screw in and out, it can come loose and end up dropping into the door, which is a massive pain to get back out..... I spent about two hours stripping the door card and fishing with a magnet

Sadly, I can't offer much advice as to how to get the handle off, three of mine were as per the instructions, one was a pain and I still to this day am not 100% sure how it came out
Old 9th September 2020, 05:57 PM

Thanks for your kind reply.

Should there be some kind of additional part for the torx screw, outside of the plastic part? Maybe I have dropped it already and did not notice it.

Is there any guide how to disassemble the door card?
Old 10th September 2020, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafi0s0 View Post
Thanks for your kind reply.

Should there be some kind of additional part for the torx screw, outside of the plastic part? Maybe I have dropped it already and did not notice it.

Is there any guide how to disassemble the door card?
Check out the following thread. It's quite long but the door card removal is right at the start.

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?p=151305

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds