A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items

For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items For the personal sale of Vw/Audi parts, tools, vouchers, accessories, anything that isn't an actual car. Absolutely no commercial listings or breaking / bulk / repeated sale of parts or services.

Old 2nd March 2017, 08:20 AM

Default Brand new painted mirror caps - avus silver and a handbrake trim

Hi folks

I bought a pair of new OEM mirror caps and had them painted Avus Silver to fit to my S8 in place of the aluminium housings, but never got round to fitting them and they've been sat in my study ever since.

They were painted professionally and are in absolutely mint condition, as you'd expect. They're probably of limited interest here unless someone with an Avus FE wants to go stealthy! They're on SRS as well as there's probably more of a market there.

Part numbers are:

8d0 857 507 (left)
8d0 857 5 (right)

They retail for £61.54 each at the moment, and obviously having them painted properly isn't cheap. From memory these came to about £250 including painting when I had them done in 2011.

According to Etka they will fit various A and S models in the 3/4/6/8 family and the RS4 and RS6. They are intended for mirror bodies designed to take a 175x100mm mirror glass.

Can grab pics for anyone seriously interested.

£75 incl delivery, or can be collected from Gatwick area.

I also have a brand new handbrake wood trim, complete with the often-broken T shape fitting to attach to the handbrake body. This is the Myrtle finish as used on FEs and various other trim combinations.

Part number 4d0 864 375c 1py

This is No Longer Available from Audi UK and the Tradition shop only has Vavona and Nut Tree Brown available at just under €80 plus their crazy shipping prices!

The last UK price was £94.82 so I think £75 is a fair price for anyone who really wants one.

I decided not to fit this as the colour difference between this trim and the surrounding centre console was quite obvious - I expect due to ageing - so I repaired my original with double sided tape.

Adrian

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC

Last edited by Adrian E; 16th February 2020 at 11:35 AM. Reason: price reduced on mirror caps
Old 16th February 2020, 11:36 AM

Came across these in the study last week - still here if anyone wants them

Have dropped the price on the mirror caps, but will always consider genuine offers

Adrian

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC