A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 20th April 2016, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulfilias View Post
Hi There,

First To See Will Buy - Don't make me laugh!!!

Lee
Ah yes; a personal fav of mine too - I forget car dealers can see into the future.
Old 22nd April 2016, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiseuk View Post
Had the same experience buying my Infiniti. Spotted one online in Birmingham at an independent dealer....... bear in mind I'm in Belfast so it's a flight and hire car to see it.
Car described as clean, fsh etc etc etc. Turned up to find a filthy car, badly kerbed alloys. No v5 no books, no history. Walked away
Came back home and happened to be on gumtree the following Saturday and found the one i now own about 15 miles up the road
I live in Birmingham and Iv yet to buy a car from here, and I like changing cars frequently Birmingham cars are usually overpriced knackered old crap, I once went to see a Passat advertised as good condition and it wasn't even good enough to break, the best one, I went to see an a4 1.9tdi in Birmingham, it was advertised with 100k miles on the clock, I have a look round this thing and it's ropey anyway, it was cheap though, took it for a test drive and it's not too bad iirc but the odometer is broken, get back to look at the paperwork and previous mots have a mileage of 190k miles on them I asked him and he just said "well it drives like a car with 100k on it" I was gob smacked, i was so annoyed but I just laughed at him and walked out the room back to my car.

I'm currently selling the misses car and finding it hard as it has an honest description, I feel like I need to lie to have a chance but tbh I just don't have it in me.

Oh the closest Iv bought a car is Wolverhampton, I paid £550 for it and it had been used as a skip, I tidied it up and now use it as my daily, the bloke was really honest and even drove the hour journey to my house to drop the car off and I drove him back

I bought the misses a car at Christmas, a Zafira gsi, advertised as good condition, to be fair it was very cheap and the body work was really good, I hadn't slept properly for 3 days so I was shattered, the car was in Essex and I knew it wouldn't hang around, so I made the journey over there, I look round and it's already running (I like to see it start from cold) give it a Rev and it's a little smokey, the guy takes me for a test drive (should of seen warning signs) all seems good, so part with the asking price as it was so cheap, get in and start driving back to brum and realise the synchros in 3rd and 4th are knackered, I was mortified that I didn't see it coming or pick it up, none the less I took it on the chin as a learning experience, driving back it hated being floored and started coughing and spluttering, it needed a good bit of TLC, the end result is buying the car and fixing it up cost about £1900 and we are left with a car that's worth around 2.5k albeit I haven't factored in my time, so I did gain out of it but wasn't impressed with having to fit another gearbox in it.