A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Motoring > Alternative Fuels

Alternative Fuels For all those conversations about LPG, Electric, Hydrogen. Anything but petrol and diesel...

Old 26th September 2015, 12:59 PM

Fog lights look awful on that Brabus
Old 26th September 2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT View Post
I know, I know. I looked closely at a 7 seater in Frankfurt... Brabus had a Tesla there too (wtf?)

There seem to be a number of previously owned, high spec Teslas for sale on their website, some with 7 seats, in fact, with everything.

I have a million questions for you on yours, what the spec is, exactly, and why you went new, not used etc.:

I actually visited the Tesla supercharged station in Birmingham Hyatt Regency last night just to see what it looks like....

If I'm putting all this together right:

The superchargers are completely free to use. I.e. fuel is free.
There are other, high current AC/DC chargers around the country (non Tesla) that you can use (for a subscription?)
Tax disc is free
London Congestion charging is free
£5000 from government on new models (although I think they assume that in their pricing)
Servicing amounts to tyres and brakes and pretty much nothing else
So the only cost is buying the dam thing.
And that's my sticking point.
30% down, 70% to finance, and that's knocking on the door of a grand a month with a bit of spec.
and give or take a little bit I can keep my RS for that money..... and I do rather love it.....
That's a pretty good summary - the key additional point (in terms of economics, rather than simple desire…) is the complete write off of the purchase cost against tax (in the form of a 100% First Year Allowance, as a capital purchase). That makes quite a difference, and is the key reason why I bought new. Incidentally, I've only ever bought one other new car - and that was a Fiat Uno for about 4k in 1985

Also, if it helps, I'll probably be heading back home from a client meeting in Goole in it next Friday afternoon, so could swing by yours then, if you're around?