A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 16th February 2018, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylondon View Post
Sorry to revive this thread. On this diagram which is the pipe I need to take off to flush the PS fluid? Also should I get the clips too? Or am I better off just using a suction tool to replace fluid?
Thanks

SOLD. Audi A8L 4.2TDI Silver 2006

Seat Ibiza 1.4tdi Eco 2008 Silver (£0 Tax)sold

NO VCDS rely on Neeldub
Old 17th February 2018, 09:44 AM

When I did it I removed both hoses from the cooler and plugged hose 10 to stop the oil draining from the tank, then fitted a bit of hose to the tube stub on the cooler and put that into a bucket. and refitted temporarily the forward hose (18) back onto the cooler. the reason for the extra hassle is to flush the cooler as well.

Then got the wife to start and quickly stop the engine, refill the reservoir and repeat until I got nice clean oil out.

To get access you need to remove the hose in front of the cooler to tank hose (10) so buy 2 clips (9)

Last edited by Delboy; 17th February 2018 at 09:53 AM.
Old 17th February 2018, 10:02 AM

Ok thanks, you never mentioned the wife bit on your original post! So now I have to find a wife too including 2 clips

NO VCDS rely on Neeldub
Old 25th February 2018, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
When I did it I removed both hoses from the cooler and plugged hose 10 to stop the oil draining from the tank, then fitted a bit of hose to the tube stub on the cooler and put that into a bucket. and refitted temporarily the forward hose (18) back onto the cooler. the reason for the extra hassle is to flush the cooler as well.

Then got the wife to start and quickly stop the engine, refill the reservoir and repeat until I got nice clean oil out.

To get access you need to remove the hose in front of the cooler to tank hose (10) so buy 2 clips (9)
Delboy any special tools needed to remove the clips on pipe?
Cheers

NO VCDS rely on Neeldub
Old 27th May 2018, 07:06 PM

Well 3 days into ownership and my car lost power steering, fluid filing the undertray. So I took it apart today and found no.18 (cooler to rack) spewing out fluid.

Can anyone confirm this is definitely no. 18 in ETKA and the ones in the pics being removed? Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 05:48 PM

Yes it definitely was this hose. New one ordered and fitted. Was a PITA getting it out as I was being very careful. Wasn't too bad putting new one on and best of all the seller paid the bill.
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 9th January 2021, 08:30 PM

Thanks to del ( and homer for pointing me to his thread) i changed ps pipe today as part of winter maintenance and it's exactly as per details (and wasn't difficult when i knew how to do it ) , I haven't bleed the system yet as I'm doing other works and can't start car but will do the flush ect in due course,I did find this non oem joint behind the heat shield ,(it wasn't leaking)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210109_174606_hdr.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	659.9 KB
ID:	25087   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210109_174747_hdr.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	570.6 KB
ID:	25088   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210109_174658_hdr.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	489.2 KB
ID:	25089  
With Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System, Advanced Parking System, TV Analog/ Digital, Rear/Back Window blinds, Front and rear heated seats, Alcantara Roof, Extended leather Pack 2, Extended Aluminium pack, Carbon and Aluminium trim packs, RSE, PS2.
Daily driver
Audi A8 d4 2014 phantom black 3.0 tdi

Previously owned
Audi 80 1986 1.8 white
Audi 80 1990 2.0 red
Audi A4 1996 1.9 tdi green
Audi A6 1.9 tdi 2000 blue
Audi tt 225 2000 silver
Audi s8 d2 2002 fe grey
Audi a8 4.0 tdi d3 2006 black
Audi a8 3.0 tdi d3 2010 black
Old 9th January 2021, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S81 View Post
Thanks to del ( and homer for pointing me to his thread) i changed ps pipe today as part of winter maintenance and it's exactly as per details (and wasn't difficult when i knew how to do it ) , I haven't bleed the system yet as I'm doing other works and can't start car but will do the flush ect in due course,I did find this non oem joint behind the heat shield ,(it wasn't leaking)
You're welcome. Looks like it had already failed in the past and someone f̶i̶x̶e̶d̶ bodged it
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 9th April 2021, 02:17 AM

I am thrilled to join this club. My car took a #1 on the highway today. Sprayed the driver side wheel as well. The section behind the left fog light is all wet. I now have 2 A8s that cannot drive in my driveway
I will edit once I find the culprit.
Old 9th April 2021, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjord View Post
I am thrilled to join this club. My car took a #1 on the highway today. Sprayed the driver side wheel as well. The section behind the left fog light is all wet. I now have 2 A8s that cannot drive in my driveway
I will edit once I find the culprit.
Welcome along to the forum. As for 'editing' your post, just put up a new post of your findings.

Also take the time to introduce yourself... and your cars to everyone on the forum in the Introductions section. Photos are a bonus we all like. Also edit your details in the 'User CP' section (top left of page) to include things like location and create a signature for car details. This helps others when offering help to any questions.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds