A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D2 > D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering

D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering Brakes, Springs, shocks, steering racks, steering columns, suspension arms, wheel hubs etc.

Old 2nd April 2018, 10:25 PM

Default Brake Refurbalob

Hi Guys an Gals! I've just done a refurb on my master cylinder and front calipers, does anyone want me to do a "how to"? It would be the first time I've composed/written anything like this, so would like to ask whats the easiest way to do a write up as A. theres loads of pics, B loads of writing (grooo, lol) and I'm not the fastest keyboarder in this neck of the woods lol, so likely to take me while to compile it all so any help/ideas in how to do it would be muchly appreciated,........ or ignored, lol!
Old 2nd April 2018, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am a daisy View Post
Hi Guys an Gals! I've just done a refurb on my master cylinder and front calipers, does anyone want me to do a "how to"? It would be the first time I've composed/written anything like this, so would like to ask whats the easiest way to do a write up as A. theres loads of pics, B loads of writing (grooo, lol) and I'm not the fastest keyboarder in this neck of the woods lol, so likely to take me while to compile it all so any help/ideas in how to do it would be muchly appreciated,........ or ignored, lol!
I'd thought of doing my front calipers 'properly', so would be keen to see a 'how to'. As to the correct style, well, that's like having an A8. Everyone has their own style. If you're really keen on doing it, have a look at some of the write-ups in the various stickies for some ideas. Personally, I like to have the photos in with the relevant bit of text, and if I'm really particular, I'll try and highlight the relevant part in the photo. I also tend to write it up using something like Notepad until I'm happy with it, and then I'll create a new thread and paste it in, and attach the photos. One last point, with regards to photos. Upload them to the thread rather than pointing to their location on a photo hosting site. That way, the photos will always be here with the thread.

If you do it offline (like me), I can proof-read it for you when you're finished, if you like.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 9th April 2018, 08:12 PM

Default Good long term resource

Hi
I am a daisy and Steamship,

Such a thread would be out of my competence zone but what a good resource for others: bring it on!

Robert