A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Owners Meets

Owners Meets Any info for any meetings, events, track days

Old 5th June 2010, 06:33 PM

WOW, this looks like it will be a good meet. More people coming then the annual one
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds
Old 6th June 2010, 09:30 PM
psychophil896

Thanks for the welcome, The Psycho bit comes from my drag racing days, 400bhp Minor with nitrous ,700bhp xr3i+.
My 3.7 sport has been off the road for about 8 months with a fuel delivery problem and no time to fix it as working on house, but i have done it now and have done away with the very over complicated in tank system.Hope to meet up with you guys soon,Phil
Old 7th June 2010, 09:48 AM
UberSeniorChiefLibrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh View Post
WOW, this looks like it will be a good meet. More people coming then the annual one
How do you work that one out as no one is coming yet. Are you coming to the annual meet?

Watch it if you dare

Currently,
2000 S8, Merlin Purple, Leather Pack 1, Winter Pack 1, SPAX adjustable suspension, AP Racing 6 pot front caliper, 385mm fully floating disks, EBC Yellow Stuff Pads, Black Diamond grooved rear disks and predetor pads, D2 Doctors Brake Block.
1997 4.2 A8SQ - the Projekt. 12 years and ongoing!
1997 4.2 A8SQ - Ming Blue. Restoration sat waiting; saved from the Scrapyard
2003 C5 Allroad 4.2Q - Cobolt Blue. Towing car. Laid up awaiting manual conversion.
2005 C5 Allroad 2.5TDi FE - Grey - Workhorse.
2015 Q3QS SLine - Daytona Grey. Lots of extras! Long Haired Admirals cutter.

Previously
2003 C5 A6 1.9TDI FWD - Loaner from D2 Doctor Lifex
1997 S8 - Ming Blue. Loaned out and written off. I loved that car. My first engine swap after cambelt failure.
1996 4.2 A8SQ - Ming Blue. 178k on a cambelt! Trader's 8. Delivered to A8Parts at Lifex.
2003 2.8 A8SQ - powder blueish. Fill in for a while. Sold on.
1998 1.8T A4 Avant FWD. Ming Blue (there's a theme here), PEX for the 97 S8.
And a list of non VAG going back 40 years before I saw the light.
Old 7th June 2010, 03:59 PM

What I meant to say was quite a bit more interest. I can't say for sure. I'm going to have to let you guys know maybe a week before if I do, will try though
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
Old 8th June 2010, 07:47 AM
UberSeniorChiefLibrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychophil896 View Post
My 3.7 sport has been off the road for about 8 months with a fuel delivery problem and no time to fix it as working on house, but i have done it now and have done away with the very over complicated in tank system.Hope to meet up with you guys soon,Phil

Now that sounds very interesting. Do tell, with pictures if possible.

Watch it if you dare

Currently,
2000 S8, Merlin Purple, Leather Pack 1, Winter Pack 1, SPAX adjustable suspension, AP Racing 6 pot front caliper, 385mm fully floating disks, EBC Yellow Stuff Pads, Black Diamond grooved rear disks and predetor pads, D2 Doctors Brake Block.
1997 4.2 A8SQ - the Projekt. 12 years and ongoing!
1997 4.2 A8SQ - Ming Blue. Restoration sat waiting; saved from the Scrapyard
2003 C5 Allroad 4.2Q - Cobolt Blue. Towing car. Laid up awaiting manual conversion.
2005 C5 Allroad 2.5TDi FE - Grey - Workhorse.
2015 Q3QS SLine - Daytona Grey. Lots of extras! Long Haired Admirals cutter.

Previously
2003 C5 A6 1.9TDI FWD - Loaner from D2 Doctor Lifex
1997 S8 - Ming Blue. Loaned out and written off. I loved that car. My first engine swap after cambelt failure.
1996 4.2 A8SQ - Ming Blue. 178k on a cambelt! Trader's 8. Delivered to A8Parts at Lifex.
2003 2.8 A8SQ - powder blueish. Fill in for a while. Sold on.
1998 1.8T A4 Avant FWD. Ming Blue (there's a theme here), PEX for the 97 S8.
And a list of non VAG going back 40 years before I saw the light.
Old 8th June 2010, 05:33 PM
psychophil896

The Audi in tank system is simple/complicated????? I could not get any fuel up to the engine even after fitting new pump[ £132]. Looked at all the fuel pipes in the tank, in fact all the in tank system but could'nt find a fault.
Decided to remove all the pipe work, removed pump and cut all the plastic away just leaving the top housing [the bit you can see in the boot] extended the fuel pipe that bolts to the housing, refitted pump onto the end of the pipe and it now sits on the floor of the tank on the o/s, on the end of the pump i fitted a tee piece with a pipe going over to the other side of the tank n/s to collect the fuel, replaced the fuel senders in both sides, turned the key and bingo it runs sweet as a nut.. The only concern i had was what would happen when the n/s small part of the tank ran dry???? because the pump is covered in petrol continually it always has a constant supply of fuel and the fact that it may draw a little bit of air from the empty part of the tank has not been an issue as the car performs as before, i have put a few miles on the clock since this and all is well, so happy days Phil
Old 18th June 2010, 10:15 AM

I'll travel anywhere now I have joined the 50mpg+ club. I need to see some 8s as I miss mine soo much..!
Whats the latest?
Old 24th June 2010, 07:49 AM

I'll try to attend, although I can't guarantee anything on that, because things are quite busy this end.
Sorry I can't be more definite than that.
Looks like quite a number are intending attending the event, which is cool.

Other vehicles
1968 Rover P5B Coupe (Modified & V-Quick, but I have to sell this now ... Boo Hoo!)
'92 Mitsubishi Pajero V6 (Petrol) Super Exceed (Gone now)
'06 Harley Davidson Night Train
Oh Yes....... The '98 PF S8!
Old 24th June 2010, 09:07 AM

Hi,

I could try and attend, where would it be? I work mon-fri so only weekends but will confirm. Should be good though!
Old 24th June 2010, 11:07 AM

Hi all - quick update. . .

Looks like the first one may well be on a sunday afternoon, in the bristol area followed by the next one on a weds evening, perhaps more central like oxford or swindon/newbury/reading areas - we might even be able to invade one of mkoneman's weds evg summer dub club meets as an alternative to that one

Anyways i'm currently checking out venues to meet around the Bristol area and its likely the first one will be either the 18th or 25th July to fall in between the A8OC meeting and Audis in the Park

Cheers

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs

Tags
bristol, owners meet, sw meeting