A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Lights

D3 - Lights Headlights, xenons, foglights. Everything outside the car that glows

Old 19th April 2018, 06:26 PM

Great write-up Del, it was really useful when I changed my inner units today. The only difficulty I encountered was fitting those grommets....I needed an extra pair of <small> hands.

The originals were fitted by Ian (pre March 2014) and had failed the standard way, horizontal cracks along the reverse light section, leading to water ingress and eventual failure. As everyone has stated, shocking build quality for a premium car

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 19th April 2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-M3 View Post
hi mate did you replace them with new facelift ones? If so what sort of wonga did it set you back?
cheers
I've bought from Spareto in Estonia, another member first posted about them when he upgraded his S8 to the facelift lights. Back then it was around £650 for a full set but looking at their prices now it'll be approx £780 (plus postage) for those same units. I don't quite understand why all four are different prices, but they are. I haven't priced them anywhere else but I'd imagine that price is competitive

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra
Old 19th April 2018, 07:29 PM

They were under £700 when I last priced them up few months back. I could not justify that amount on lights as my ones are very good at present.

SOLD. Audi A8L 4.2TDI Silver 2006

Seat Ibiza 1.4tdi Eco 2008 Silver (£0 Tax)sold

NO VCDS rely on Neeldub
Old 9th October 2019, 10:08 AM

Whats with these photobucket water marks on pics now? I cant follow the guide as all the photos are blurred.
Old 13th October 2019, 08:17 PM

Photobucket was free and then they pulled the rug from under user's feet.
There is a workaround to use Chrome browser with the Photobucket hotlink fix extension ...https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...alioapbifiaedg
Old 14th October 2019, 09:59 PM

Thanks Snapdragon!
Old 13th August 2021, 04:59 PM

I need to replace my nearside outer as it's after getting cracked. Before I go straight to the Audi dealer, can anyone tell me what brand are used OEM or can recommend any one in particular? I see the ULO brand in a lot of places. Only thing now is that the new replacement may possibly make all the rest look a bit shabby.
Old 14th August 2021, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerdred View Post
I need to replace my nearside outer as it's after getting cracked. Before I go straight to the Audi dealer, can anyone tell me what brand are used OEM or can recommend any one in particular? I see the ULO brand in a lot of places. Only thing now is that the new replacement may possibly make all the rest look a bit shabby.
ULO are the OEM for these. Forget Audi, cheapest is here

https://spareto.co.uk/t/vehicles/aud...gQDmZ_KBSxC6eE
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 15th August 2021, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer simpson View Post
ULO are the OEM for these. Forget Audi, cheapest is here

https://spareto.co.uk/t/vehicles/aud...gQDmZ_KBSxC6eE
Thanks for that. I see I can get the brand new ULO or a secondhand original for the same money. I still haven't decided as I'm half leaning to the secondhand one so that it blends in with what's already there, although that's not to say the secondhand replacement has aged identically to my own either, so still deliberating.
Old 15th August 2021, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerdred View Post
Thanks for that. I see I can get the brand new ULO or a secondhand original for the same money. I still haven't decided as I'm half leaning to the secondhand one so that it blends in with what's already there, although that's not to say the secondhand replacement has aged identically to my own either, so still deliberating.
As said, ULO are original. They made them for Audi for the D3 and Audi put their stamp on it and almost doubled the price!
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder