A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 16th February 2016, 07:48 AM

Default 96 A8 Sport

I've not been using the 8 since (part time) living in the bulance. I'd do a deal for a Fordson Major in p/x

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 16th February 2016, 12:36 PM

Don't have a Fordson Major, but I am keeping an eye out for a better A8 and live in the South West.

Any more details or pics?

Nick
Old 16th February 2016, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Jones View Post
Don't have a Fordson Major, but I am keeping an eye out for a better A8 and live in the South West.

Any more details or pics?

Nick
Well you should.

Umm not 100% sure i can say it'll be better then the one you have. There are a few photos of it on here somewhere, but there was a lot of jealousy at the meets and she wasn't overly photo'd.

It's a PF 4.2 sport (rare! only 60 left) with 235k ish i can't remember exactly, but just run in anyway.

I think the rack leaks it was leaving oil marks, i've not got under it to check as the reservoir was below minimum so made an assumption.

It'll need a battery to start as the one in it is goosed. Brakes will be a bit tight as it's not moved for a while. But if someone wanted her and was either going to turn up with a tractor or a fat wallet i'd get her running and moving in advance.
bonnet paint is rubbish.

NSR handbrake sticks not that i used it. Was dry inside but i must check.

Got blinds, solar roof, double glazed, 2 sets of wheels sport and rep 9 spokes.

Old 16th February 2016, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Well you should.

Umm not 100% sure i can say it'll be better then the one you have. There are a few photos of it on here somewhere, but there was a lot of jealousy at the meets and she wasn't overly photo'd.
I do remember the care you took in preparing it for the Scottish meet when staying over. It was the standout car Dezzy.
Old 16th February 2016, 07:29 PM

Hmmm.... Mine's also a PF 4.2 Sport (4 speed one). It does mostly work and looks presentable at 10 paces, especially in the rain. Claims 139k, but who knows? Appears more "used" than my C4 A6 which has done near 300k.......

Nick
Old 17th February 2016, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
I do remember the care you took in preparing it for the Scottish meet when staying over. It was the standout car Dezzy.
It had a good clean that day David.
But that does say a lot really, i drove nearly the full length of the country and back in a wk-end and i'd happily drive it down to the south of France, again and thats something i'd never have done in any of the other 20+ year old cars i've had

Old 17th February 2016, 11:32 PM

That is the one main reason I wanted an 8, and why SWMBO bought it for me.
I do love my management

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)