A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 3rd March 2018, 01:11 PM

Default Poor driving

I have really noticed how the snow exaggerates bad driving.

Driving in ice/snow is hard enough as it is, taking extra concentration and anticipation.

Yesterday I had a car tailgating me for at least 2 miles in heavy, rutted snow! He was so close I couldn’t see his headlights, idiot. In the end I pulled to the side to let him through.

Cars skidding all over the place, too much speed especially into corners, drivers on their phones, the list goes on......

I think it’s because there is such a dependance on the standard driver aids all modern cars come with now, poor drivers think they will work all the time in all conditions.

'09 D3 S8 - Most of the bells and whistles (B&O, Audi Exclusive brown interior and exterior paint, soft close, ACC etc) de-flapped manifold!
Old 3rd March 2018, 01:18 PM

You are spot on there mate
I had some idiot in a Vauxhall following me yesterday poor conditions but he was right up my backside! Not a chance of him stopping or avoiding me if I braked. Luckily I turned off at the next roundabout and he went another way I breathed a sigh of relief!
Some of them think they are above it all it would appear. Like the idiots ploughing around in Range Rovers, do they not know there is not a chance in hell of them stopping that 2.5 ton hunk of metal on the ice despite it's four wheel drive
I just concentrate on getting me and S8 home in one piece
But it really does need washing off now
A8 3 litre sport till 2016
Short walk on the MB dark side
A8 3 litre sport from 2010 to 2012
Old 3rd March 2018, 05:51 PM

I think blaming drivers aids is giving some drivers to much credit. I am sure than many have no idea that their car has these things and if they do, they don't understand what they do or why.
This afternoon I witnessed an extreme tailgater (white van), luckily in front so I was able to drop back should there be an accident. I had to feel sorry for the Range Rover (LOL) driver who was being so dangerously hassled.
Old 3rd March 2018, 05:56 PM

This type of driving is very typical in Norway. Luckily a lot less so in Sweden

Johannes
_________
Audi S8 -99, Pearlescent, Alcantara/silk napa leather, Burr walnut insert, Alcantara roof lining upper pack
A8 32V engine
-----
Jeep Grand Cherokee -98