A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > Our Other Audi Friends > A5/S5/RS5 8T

A5/S5/RS5 8T 2008 to 2016

Old 14th August 2014, 10:04 AM

I may have been involved in finding it but my wife is solely responsible for the purchase cost! I'm very good at spending other people's money lol

We're down in Cornwall putting some miles on the car - fuel consumption so far has been dreadful need to see what next full delivers as that'll be the tank without the roof box on!

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 14th August 2014, 06:03 PM

Nothing better then picking amazing toy and giving bill to someone else

How about economy remap instead of performance one as LPG is just pointless??

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 13th June 2015, 05:32 PM

Haven't updated this thread in ages!

Finally got the summer wheels back on the car, after collecting a set of winters from Mike on the forums late last year. It's been rolling on 8.5x18s since November and I couldn't get the summers back on due to a lack of availability of the tyres I wanted.

On the winters:

Newly refurbished summers

Lots of coatings later

My favourite tyres

Looking much better!

The car had its first service with us recently - annual service with gearbox oil and filter change as well (done a bit early). Went for a 2 year service plan at £399 and they will do the plugs and air filter next year, which will be about a year early. Mileage has just ticked past 35k and it flew through the MOT yesterday with no issues

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC
Old 13th June 2015, 08:03 PM

Those wheels are the mutt's wotsits.
Its interesting that they are now putting the noise levels on the tyres now. How do the Pilot SS rate compared with others?
Old 13th June 2015, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
Its interesting that they are now putting the noise levels on the tyres now. How do the Pilot SS rate compared with others?
The Directive quoted on the bottom of the label made it a requirement to provide the info on all new tyres (or the invoice) a few years ago - with the intention of promoting the energy efficiency rating of the tyre, but recognising a lot of customers would want other useful info about how well the car will stop and how noisy is it.

The PS2 in that size is supposed to be slightly quieter and more energy efficient, but less able in the wet grip. It's all by tiny degrees though.

The Conti SC3 is a fair bit noisier and about the same performance as the PS2

For me I bought them because they last really well on the S8 for the typical use we give them, without suffering heavy shoulder wear

Old 28th October 2022, 02:24 AM

Default Fashionably late to the party...

Hello Adrian, never thought I'd be in anything but the trusty A8/A8L but was tempted recently and bought an S5 in Sprint Blue. Still getting used to all the buttons etc. but one thing I do miss is the self-dipping side mirror. Do you know if the S5 has this feature? Perhaps it's on the switch or a menu option on the MMI new-fangled display. Not sure - please help an idiot.

Cheers
John G
Old 28th October 2022, 09:34 AM

Sprint blue Sportback?! Not jealous at all �� fab colour (I just missed one with ACC when we were looking for ours)

To get the left mirror dip in reverse, the adjustment knob needs to be set to the left mirror adjust position. I can’t recall if it’s standard, but I think it is. Only option I can think it might be linked to, if not, is memory seats (which ours has and also gives you dimming glass on exterior mirrors IIRC)

Still got ours - now on about 82k and still going strong!

Hope you’re well mate?

ETA if yours has tech pack high (so HDD based nav) give me a shout if you want it updating (although I now mainly use Waze I still update the nav as emergency option!)

Old 28th October 2022, 06:07 PM

Default Sprinticus Bluicus

Adrian - I'm off out for a quick warp drive to the shops so will test out your theory. Not sure if I have the memory seats or not.

All is good here. Worked at Bloomberg for a while and now in Tech for a fibre company.
I suppose your little'un will have grown up as well, eh? probably slightly taller now haha

Here's a photo of my car with spaceship mileage but well cared for... decals will probably get removed when I sneak out with my girlfriend's hairdryer one day but don't tell her!

Cheers
John G
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2022-10-18 18-04-32.png
Views:	109
Size:	631.1 KB
ID:	28908  
Old 29th October 2022, 11:42 AM

I will admit to having no luck with the passenger door mirror. My seats are electrically adjustable but I don't have that memory panel on my door similar to the one on the A8L. Perhaps mine is a so-called poverty spec - it does have SatNav but not sure if HDD. As you can tell I'm still learning, and that will be a long process as I'm blown away by the performance of the thing - it's a lovely blue rocket-ship and I'm going to have to be very careful. Touch the right pedal and I'm catapulted forward into the next decade!

I did look at an older S5 with the V8 which had a Carlos Fandango exhaust on it - I was informed by the garage (Smallfields) that 'it was very loud' so I gave it a miss and then jumped on this beautiful Sprint Blue one. Seller told me it was the best colour and I obviously agreed with him.

I'm off to retrieve my bits from the old girl A8L and have a sort out. I'm not sure at this stage if I'm going to transfer that 'tiny' speaker from the boot. I'm not even sure that I can lift it on my own.

Cheers

Last edited by johnny_quattro; 29th October 2022 at 07:45 PM.
Old 30th October 2022, 11:37 AM

The only thing I found on the tinterweb was from the A5OC (of which I am not currently a member) and they seemed to think that it was possible to get it working but you cannot change the amount that the mirror dips by:

"Enabling reverse mirror tilt on cars without memory seats: Go to module 52 Door Elect, Pass., Long Coding, Byte 4. If the byte has value 40 (cars without electrically folding mirrors), change it to 4C. If the byte has value 50 (cars with folding or folding/dimming mirrors), change it to 5C"

I'm about to hook-up my OBD-Eleven dongle to the 'new' car so let's see if I can even see that option. I know it's not VAG-COM but I have high hopes. It worked really well on a VW Golf (2011) previously. So many different options compared to my old D2.

Cheers
John G