A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Owners Meets

Owners Meets Any info for any meetings, events, track days

Old 9th October 2010, 09:56 PM

Looks like it was a brilliant event and a good time was had by all ....... feeling somewhat miffed about not making it, but there's always next year....

Love the look of Projekt ANA, do you reckon I'd get more power than Mike if I strapped a PWD Engine to the roof of my 8?
wouldn't look as good though....

Other vehicles
1968 Rover P5B Coupe (Modified & V-Quick, but I have to sell this now ... Boo Hoo!)
'92 Mitsubishi Pajero V6 (Petrol) Super Exceed (Gone now)
'06 Harley Davidson Night Train
Oh Yes....... The '98 PF S8!
Old 10th October 2010, 10:51 AM

Hi all.
Well as everyone else has said nice to meet up again, will try to do more meets next yr.
Poss even a xmas get together???
We had a great day out. Steve took ours on the track in what should be a 40mph parade with kids in car. Was more like a stop and go sprints in sections LOL, sure steve must of missed them cones on far s bends by a nats whisker.
Also as promised by the Audi Testdriver i got my ride in the R8 (have video) O yer Mike he def was giving it the beans, got 4 laps in it compared to the normal 2 everyone else got. Came out the car white but with a massive .
Ile post pics up after i finish work.

1 last thing has the d4 got adjustable height on them, as we had a look around that d4 and spotted how high the front spoiler was off the ground.
Old 10th October 2010, 11:25 AM

Had a great day thanks to all, as said already good to be able to put faces to names.
Thanks to Amar's GF for taking to group photo's and to Mike for the breakie good move after the 5am start and sitting outside the wrong Crown wondering where everyone else was
Old 10th October 2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Had a great day thanks to all, as said already good to be able to put faces to names.
Thanks to Amar's GF for taking to group photo's and to Mike for the breakie good move after the 5am start and sitting outside the wrong Crown wondering where everyone else was
LOL I didnt mention that as I didnt want to drag it back up but now you have HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 10th October 2010, 03:40 PM

What a brilliant day!
I had agreat time, very very busy but great!

Always a great bunch from on here!

And, on a personal note, I am SOOOO grateful for the AMAZING model you gave me! I was genuinely touched (not in a Navy Mike way) and it is going to take pride of place in my new office!!!

I have been looking over it with it's own (supoplied!) magnifying glass - it is better quality than many actual cars I have owned!!!

Thanks again and here's looking forward to the next meet - Nurburgring anyone! I'll pack me bag!
Old 10th October 2010, 07:45 PM

also had a fantastic day. was good to see some old faces and meet new ones. all the 8's looked good and clean apart from mine.
love some of the mods, project 'ana' is looking fantastic but my 8 of the day had to go to james. i just love the look of his car. i just wish i had the time, money and patience to do the same
good to see you amar but wish you could have been there in your green s8. hopefully you will get her back and get her back on the road looking as good as before( please dont give up on her yet)
had a few laps round the circuit and took a good few mm of my tire tread but it was well worth it. these cars are just amazing and when on the track we can mix with the big boys in there more expensive RS models. saw the pic of mikes face before i took him on track and i am glad nobody got a pic of him when we got back although he did seem very calm, maybe it was just shock

best part of the day for me was when ben received his Bugatti Veyron. it was well deserved by probably the best man i know. as mike said if it was not for ben going above and beyond the call of duty then i would not have got the chance this year to have gone to the german meet and the nurburgring. i would again like to thank you for what you have done and i am sure many other 8 owners would like to thank you your a top bloke ben.
Old 10th October 2010, 07:46 PM

I've been scanning forums and youtube for pictures and video of me on track (yes I know its vain) and found this:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRDJi7dr9dM

Only a brief clip of me at 6m30s. And found this photo, not a lot of lean angle, even though I was pushing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP1503.jpg (211.4 KB, 18 views)
Old 10th October 2010, 08:00 PM

reffro your car looked good as you came past the start/finish line. you were going just as fast as the big boys and it looked very composed
just seemed a little less noise coming out than the others. wondered if mine sounded the same as i also have standard exhaust ?
i also have some video of you on track in front of me that i will put on the forum when i find out how to do it.
Old 10th October 2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenjoe90 View Post
reffro your car looked good as you came past the start/finish line. you were going just as fast as the big boys and it looked very composed
just seemed a little less noise coming out than the others. wondered if mine sounded the same as i also have standard exhaust ?
i also have some video of you on track in front of me that i will put on the forum when i find out how to do it.
It was the same for you too I'm afraid, we both just whispered our way around, S8's are far too subtle for their own good sometimes. I was genuinely surprised how competitive the car was, though the tyres took an absolute beating.

Following on from Ben's post, we have got to sort out a return match to the Nurburgring.
Old 10th October 2010, 09:14 PM

Was great to meet you guys, Sandy actully enjoyed it and thank god you guys didn't put your foot down on the way to coombe like we did to AITP as we would have had no chance in the Corsa
S8s are silly quiet. That's why I'd decided to de cat the green one.
Reffro, your colour is stunning..!
Ben - can we have a Revo open day rolling road day? You will have all the support of the A8/S8 guys and will be intresting to compare results.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds