A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Body and Exterior

D3 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Old 25th January 2017, 04:59 PM

Still on the to-do list for me.

2008 Audi S8
Old 11th February 2017, 02:03 AM

My Boot Motor has decided to die! Good old Audi Aus wants $1,860.00(AUD $1,100GBP) for a new one(4E0827852H)
Anyone know where I can get one in the UK from a supplier that would ship to AUS. I have looked on EBay, but they tend to be just as old as mine?
Soft close doors, 20" 7-twin spoke wheels,Garage door opener (Home link), Load through facility, Electric rear and side sunblind, Seat heaters for outer rear passengers, Electric boot close, Advanced Parking System with rear view camera, Four-zone climate control

Retro Fits
AMI & updated the 2G Software & NAV Maps
Boot Umbrella Holder

Last edited by davidd003; 11th February 2017 at 02:07 AM.
Old 11th February 2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidd003 View Post
My Boot Motor has decided to die! Good old Audi Aus wants $1,860.00(AUD $1,100GBP) for a new one(4E0827852H)
Anyone know where I can get one in the UK from a supplier that would ship to AUS. I have looked on EBay, but they tend to be just as old as mine?
How about this site:

http://www.carparts-pros.com/index.php

German site, but will ship to Australia. 774 euro (£659 / AUS$1,072) including shipping. You can always email them first to confirm details.

Probably other sites as well, but I've dealt with these ones myself.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 12th February 2017, 02:27 AM

Thanks mate, I'll check them out
Soft close doors, 20" 7-twin spoke wheels,Garage door opener (Home link), Load through facility, Electric rear and side sunblind, Seat heaters for outer rear passengers, Electric boot close, Advanced Parking System with rear view camera, Four-zone climate control

Retro Fits
AMI & updated the 2G Software & NAV Maps
Boot Umbrella Holder
Old 16th April 2017, 10:13 PM

On a slightly related note, I discovered today that if you hold down the boot lid button on the key, whilst the lid is on its way up, it will go back down again.
I'll get my coat.

'09 D3 S8 - Most of the bells and whistles (B&O, Audi Exclusive brown interior and exterior paint, soft close, ACC etc) de-flapped manifold!
Old 17th April 2017, 08:49 AM

Yep, I have that as well.
Mine also opens when I'm putting my keys in a pocket, but I think that is a finger problem.
Could you pass me my coat while your there?

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 1st June 2018, 12:52 PM

Did anyone ever gas their struts? Mine seems to close OK but will not lift up when the button is pressed. I'm assuming it's the struts and not the motor?
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 1st June 2018, 06:07 PM

I retrofitted mine and it struggled to open the first few inches and would shut back down unless helped manually. I found on a US forum that adusting the bolts in the corners would help it pop up - they are on the hinge brackes out on their own and the heads are under plastic caps. When unscrewed they seem to press on part of the hinge and do incerase the pop-up but it does't look like that is what they are meant to be for.

There are the Audi parts...
12 4E0 827 551 A gas filled strut 2 PR-4E2,4E4 manual
(12) 4E0 827 551 C gas filled strut left 1 PR-4E7,4E9 power
(12) 4E0 827 552 C gas filled strut right 1 PR-4E7,4E9 power
I have the 551A at the moment but will be getting the 551C 552C equivalents from SGS, they are about £38 with postage.

I have contacted SGS, about the difference, it seems the more powerful one is 390Newtons at the top which might make it hard to close?
I'm not sure which to go for...
"Thanks for your enquiry.

GSC2546 is the strut recommended for replacement at 265N.

Both struts are equal in length but the GSC2861 has more force at the very top 390N.

It will not make it pop at the bottom any faster, once the strut is nearly at the top will be the most force.

New gas struts are available at a cost of £38.74 for the pair delivered (£13.49 per strut plus £5.30carriage and VAT), are covered by a two-year guarantee and are available on next day delivery to mainland UK.

If you would like to place an order or have any questions please give us a call on 01332 576 850

Kind regards,

Nick
SGS Engineering"

Last edited by snapdragon; 1st June 2018 at 06:09 PM.
Old 1st June 2018, 09:50 PM

Interesting. The Audi ones are showing @ £38 each so half price from SGS. Your question about the higher 390N strut is a good one and I hope someone can answer it to help me decide too
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 1st June 2018, 10:16 PM

I have ordered GSC2546 so will post back with the results in a week or so. It's a shame these will be black and the Audi ones stainless finish but hey ho.