A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D4 > D4 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D4 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions including MMI 3G Plus

Old 23rd October 2017, 08:56 PM

Default Hidden green engineering menu

Hi there,

I have recently discovered the 'joys' of activating the hidden green engineering menu but was wondering if there was a resource anywhere that might list/detail what the multitude of menu entries/options might actually do?

I have enabled diagnose/settings/tel_settings/NAD operation mode” (default is for “NAD activation” to be enabled but “NAD operation mode” being disabled.)

This gives me the option to choose whether telephone calls go via the SIM in the car or via mobile over bluetooth.

Does anyone know what NAD stands for and more importantly what else/other settings can be changed?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
Old 24th October 2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlynH View Post

Does anyone know what NAD stands for and more importantly what else/other settings can be changed?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
Dunno what Audi want it to mean but it is a maker of good audio AMP's, New Acoustic Dimension.
http://https://nadelectronics.com/

Bright yellow bus o love.
Old 24th October 2017, 05:24 PM

Default NAD and bluetooth

Hi Glyn,

If you are using a phone which supports the RSAP protocol such as some Android phones but not iPhones and want to use the car antenna, I am selling an Audi snap in RSAP adaptor. See my post on selling my Audi S8 2 weeks ago.

Regards

Richard
2006 Audi S8 V10 Now Sold. Akoya Silver with black/grey leather, standard 20" wheels, hybrid TV, Bang & Olufssen audio, Heated seats front and rear, Dension ipod integration, DAB radio, keyless entry, rear electric blind, bluetooth connection to Apple iphone6S. Started at 60,000 miles end April 12. Now 171,500 miles as at Oct 2017. Now sold to fellow forum member.
Old 24th October 2017, 05:59 PM

No idea on NAD, bear in mind could be based in German. TheD4 supports rSAP out of the box I think.... if your phone does anyway!