A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 21st August 2011, 09:07 AM

Default A few MMI questions for the learned

Coming to terms with and learning about all this MMI mullarkey raises some questions in my mind specific to my car, which I am sure someone can answer.

Looks like I have software version D3-HU 42.2.0 0709, HW version D3-HU 63.00D2.0

Will the AMI I have agreed to buy from Ian IT work out of the box with this software version?

To get 3D mapping on the Nav, do you need latest software upgrade or latest nav disc or both please? If latest nav disc needed, they cost too bloody much for my liking. I'll live with it as is and my MB Comand toting friend can continue to take the mickey lol

On a hardware related note, I have problems with the buttons on the MMI control panel. Some of the buttons have a strange skin disease and the surface coating has some peeling effects starting. The nav button has a hole and shows a white area and looks horrible. Others look like they are starting to go the same way. I assume that buttons on there own cant be replaced? Having googled problem, it seems button or surface coating peelling is quite a common problem for Audi. Looked up the cost of replacing the whole panel, found a couple of examples on ebay. one at £100 and one at £350!!!!! I assume if replacing the panel, finding the right item second hand will be hard? Any suggestions or solutions which wouldnt cost so much please?

Rgds

Rick

2007 D3 A8 Sport 3.0 TDi, Phantom Black Pearl, Black Nappa, MMI High,Bluetooth, Bose, DAB, Reverse camera, Adaptive Headlights

To fit: AMI, Digital TV(How much did you say?!) Front disc/caliper upgrade??

Looking out for another 'interesting' D2

For rapid removals and Dogs days out: 1996 Volvo 850 GLT T5 Estate . Eibach and Koni lowered, Rica 265 bhp ecu, 2.5 cat back custom s/s exhaust, 180,000, and still going like a devils bat
Old 21st August 2011, 09:31 AM

The AMI will just drop in at that level, and I'm sure that gets you the 3D map option too.

Though you should be able to find the disks for the 5570 upgrade around, or even get some help from a forum member, I think Neil has them and he's going to be up that way a bit. I'm also down in Cheadle now and again.

I know.. I know..

Old 22nd August 2011, 05:28 AM

There is one on ebay at the moment i think from A8 parts.

you have to replace all the buttons IIRC.

my on/off button didnt work, but you need to replace the whole cluster, its something like £890 from audi or something stupid.
Old 22nd August 2011, 02:02 PM

It's an expensive part, and yes, you need to replace it all.. I think the newer ones were a bit more robust, but yes the plastic covering stuff looks great, but comes off

I know.. I know..

Old 22nd August 2011, 02:17 PM

Bugger, as I suspected, better apply for a mortgage. Actually I have sort of fixed the worst one(nav button) That one had a hole in the coating and the rest of the surface was crinkled, looked awful, so I have removed the remaining coating on the button and covered it with black insulating tape carefully tailored to cover the button. Bit of a bodge, but it looks surprisingly good, far better than before, and I think I can live with it. Otherwise,it no longer shows the word nav, but can live with that too. I'll keep an eye out for a new panel at a price less than a small house.

2007 D3 A8 Sport 3.0 TDi, Phantom Black Pearl, Black Nappa, MMI High,Bluetooth, Bose, DAB, Reverse camera, Adaptive Headlights

To fit: AMI, Digital TV(How much did you say?!) Front disc/caliper upgrade??

Looking out for another 'interesting' D2

For rapid removals and Dogs days out: 1996 Volvo 850 GLT T5 Estate . Eibach and Koni lowered, Rica 265 bhp ecu, 2.5 cat back custom s/s exhaust, 180,000, and still going like a devils bat
Old 23rd August 2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHe View Post
The AMI will just drop in at that level, and I'm sure that gets you the 3D map option too.

Though you should be able to find the disks for the 5570 upgrade around, or even get some help from a forum member, I think Neil has them and he's going to be up that way a bit. I'm also down in Cheadle now and again.
Think you mistaken aout the 3d maps, im pretty sure it was the 2010 nav disk that has the update for 3d and traffic info. did see a pace on ebay that was doing the disks for £35 , i presume they are copies rather than the real item
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 23rd August 2011, 12:22 PM

2007 map disk and 34.6.0 MMI software was the minimum for 3D maps.

I know.. I know..