A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D4 > D4 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D4 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions including MMI 3G Plus

Old 9th June 2016, 02:34 PM

Default Online Traffic

Having got google earth working, i am now looking at traffic, i have used vcds to add it to the menu but the request for a licence has an error of query cannot be completed or something similar.

reading around it is possible to have this working even if the website myaudi says no licence available. i have found reference to people with the same issue who solved it by putting on latest maps, the theory being that the service changed from one provider to another making the older maps not work.

anyone have it working? what map update are you on
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 10th June 2016, 12:52 PM

no one got traffic working at the moment?
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom
Old 10th June 2016, 06:03 PM

I've never had it working but my maps have never been updated (2011 Build).
Traffic works on the "Audi Connect" App on my iPhone though if I need it.
The App also allows you to access internet radio through the mmi when connected using a 3g Data Sim. Would probably work with RSAP too but I dont have an RSAP enabled phone.
Old 10th June 2016, 06:29 PM

I have had it working on a couple of 2015 loaners I had, in the UK you get a three year licence on a new car that has to be activated within 6 months or else you loose it. The traffic information made the screen seem more cluttered and sometimes was of questionable value over the TMC you get as standard, listing queues where there were clearly not any and routing around them! After three years you pay a subscription I believe!?

On an "early" car you will struggle, I got mine coded properly but it wouldn't download as the VIN wasn't in the whitelist on the Audi servers. You could maybe get around that by editing a file on the 5F unit (done using a script on a SD card, not VCDS) to clone a VIN from a newer car that has a licence, but probably frowned upon legally and you run the risk of bricking the 5F, needing to re-install/authorise your maps and possibly component protection..... Given the small perceived value I didn't bother playing any further....
Old 11th June 2016, 08:44 AM

i see your point, the pics i have seen do look a bit overloaded, it looked to me like there was a camera database on there. and to be honest i have previous form for adding "must have" mods and then never actually using them

my car has it in the whitelist although it says not connected, but some have got it working without being in the list, though things have changed recently, possibly a move to a different provider.

tried the app, it works well, only thing is i have a windows phone so its not usable for me.

considering an android device that could show the traffic, and have a camera warning system on it. my tablet seems to work fine for the purpose just a bit too big at 11 inches. maybe a smaller one or even an old android phone (not connected) would fit the bill, but where to put it in a d4.

Old 25th June 2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limoncello View Post
Having got google earth working, i am now looking at traffic, i have used vcds to add it to the menu but the request for a licence has an error of query cannot be completed or something similar.

reading around it is possible to have this working even if the website myaudi says no licence available. i have found reference to people with the same issue who solved it by putting on latest maps, the theory being that the service changed from one provider to another making the older maps not work.

anyone have it working? what map update are you on
can you clarify, what u meant by ' i used vcds to add it' amd what outcome was?
Old 26th June 2016, 09:51 AM

it wasnt in the mmi menu, a bit of coding in vcds gets it in, after this you go in the menu and request a licence, which at the moment gives me an error message.

its possible that updating to the latest 0900 and the latest maps may get it going again

Old 26th June 2016, 10:47 AM

I have 0900 and 6.22.4 installed - no difference for online traffic I'm afraid.
Old 29th June 2016, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limoncello View Post
it wasnt in the mmi menu, a bit of coding in vcds gets it in, after this you go in the menu and request a licence, which at the moment gives me an error message.

its possible that updating to the latest 0900 and the latest maps may get it going again
can you tell me what exactly u changed in vcds
Old 29th June 2016, 09:06 PM

[5F - Information Electr.]
[Adaptation - 10]
Select Channel 69 and Read
change the value from 8 to 32768 then Test then Save
Reboot the MMI (Press MENU, central MMI knob and top right softkey)

Then when you go into the list of sources in INFO>SETTINGS, you will now have the additional items of “Online Traffic Data” and “Online Traffic Data License”.