A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Cars

For Sale and Wanted - Cars For the sale of whole cars, Audi or not, working or not. No cross links to other peoples cars please - Use Spotted online instead

Old 9th August 2017, 12:29 PM

Default D2 S8 PF with FL front bumper

This seems a strange set up.
Could it of had front end damage?
Non standard wheels as well.
What do people think ????

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182708838216?ul_noapp=true
Sony rear entertainment package.
Bose sound system.
Audi Navigation Plus.
20 inch Final Edition alloys
Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble :
1997 A8 Quattro Sport - Now sold when S8 FE purchased
Old 9th August 2017, 01:18 PM

The ad says
Quote:
I have fitted a front bumper off a later S8 because I liked the look of the lower grill
I'm not a fan of the wheels, or the chrome mesh in the bumper but it looks tidy for a PF.
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)

Old 9th August 2017, 04:06 PM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Or the 'spoiler' on the boot. And Alcantara isn't for me either. The dyslexic Ronin number plate is totally naff and it has a shuddering gearbox. And an iffy paint job. How many more warnings do you need?
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 9th August 2017, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Laird View Post
Or the 'spoiler' on the boot. And Alcantara isn't for me either. The dyslexic Ronin number plate is totally naff and it has a shuddering gearbox. And an iffy paint job. How many more warnings do you need?
You've not bid then?

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 9th August 2017, 08:05 PM

Location: Redmile: Leics, Notts, Lincs border - near Belvoir Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin View Post
You've not bid then?
Not yet!
Current mods: solar sun roof, 20mm rear spacers, 15 mm on front, red brembo callipers, 6k headlights, rear view camera, engine remap, alloy dash dial rings, alloy navi rings, tt/phaeton pedal upgrade, (and custom matching foot rest) dension ipod interface & parrot hands free kit (both fully hidden), av input, tv in motion switched thro' PF switch in blanking plug right of steering column, Audi 'quattro' sill covers, repositioned centre console switches, radio clock, .
Planned mods: auto-dimming rear view mirror, dash cam (as steamship's), fit the ski hatch, refit philips drl's (or maybe not - nope, definitely not - horrible botch!).
Old 9th August 2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Laird View Post
Not yet!
I quite like it: the wheels would have to come off, and - like you - I'm no fan of the plate, but other than that it looks quite well looked after.

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.
Old 10th August 2017, 12:58 PM

On the plus side he has vacuum striped the carpets! Neil would approve of that. He might even like the wheels too
The gearbox shudder should not be ignored though. ...and the mesh is a mess.... I mocked the main grill up like that for a laugh before and posted the result on here. I cant remember it getting any votes!
Old 10th August 2017, 01:10 PM

I like all of it, colour, wheels, spoiler, numberplate doesn't bother me either way, painted callipers are fine, looks clean enough.

The fact that he has identified in the description that the bumper is different, he's detailed the pre-post- parts, has the original bumper, has been honest about the description overall, I think means he's an enthusiast and the car has been modded and looked after according to his tastes.

Like all cars, it'll probably need some work, but if the price is good, that could make a nice buy for someone.

You have to remember not all people are interested in keeping a car 100% original, OEM this and that, historically significant, whatever, they just like cars and like fiddling. I get it.
Old 11th August 2017, 08:16 AM

Default Pedantic old sod

The pedant in me would be asking the seller whether the grill was electric, gas or even charcoal for that matter.

(I'll get my coat...)
Old 11th August 2017, 05:41 PM

....boom boom

Daily drive:
2016 Infiniti QX70.....a car that's even more complicated than my last Infiniti FX to modify

Current 'Project':
VW Crafter CR50 4 berth camper van

Previous 'Projects':
2006 Subaru Legacy Spec 'B' 3.0R,
1994 Ex-MOD Land Rover Defender, now "civilianised".
2000 Audi S8 FL

www.whall.co.uk