A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > For Sale and Wanted > For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items

For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items For the personal sale of Vw/Audi parts, tools, vouchers, accessories, anything that isn't an actual car. Absolutely no commercial listings or breaking / bulk / repeated sale of parts or services.

Old 18th March 2019, 04:18 PM

Default Wanted A8 D2 FL Headlight Washer Jet Mechanism with silver cover / cap !

Have already tried our sponsors and they have none in stock so just chancing my arm that someone on here has the following :

WANTED !!!

A8 D2 FL Headlight Washer Jet Mechanism with silver cover / cap if possible ?

Mine comes up but no water is propelled onto the headlight, and the silver coloured cap has broken off and has been lost.

Need it to pass an MOT in a couple of weeks time. Haven't priced from Audi but I'm sure I wouldnt want to pay what they would ask. LOL

Any help appreciated !
Old 18th March 2019, 06:36 PM

MJ might have one, have you tried PM'ing her?
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder
Old 18th March 2019, 07:23 PM

I was giving the damn things away until I realised how rare and expensive they are when I wanted one myself I had to buy A8parts' last one for £lots
They are obsolete from Audi and £lotsmore when they did exist.

Its a future project to figure out how to retrofit something newer.

I'd try removing it and soaking it in vinegar overnight. It may just be scaled up.
Old 18th March 2019, 10:24 PM

or Coca-Cola.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)
Old 19th March 2019, 09:14 AM

I will have a look. There is a slim chance I still have one after my front bumper was replaced, there was something left in a box but can't remember what it was!

I know I have a cap in Agate grey somewhere if that's of use, would need spraying to the correct colour.

EDIT:
This is the part I have 4D0955101A - Pressure cylinder for headlight washer as shown in the photos attached.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190319_104225.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	278.7 KB
ID:	20962

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190319_104256.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	219.6 KB
ID:	20963
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)

Last edited by pete-p; 19th March 2019 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Found item
Old 19th March 2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky22buk View Post
Need it to pass an MOT in a couple of weeks time. Haven't priced from Audi but I'm sure I wouldnt want to pay what they would ask. LOL

Any help appreciated !
Which one do you need, driver or passenger side, as I have both, although the covers are black?

Could even deliver them to you if you want.

MJ - Could I just attach a hose pipe to them to test they work?

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds
Old 19th March 2019, 12:07 PM

Yeah a hose pipe or an air line will do it. A certain amount of pressure will cause the jet to lift up then increasing pressure further will start to spray.
Old 19th March 2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete-p View Post
EDIT:
This is the part I have 4D0955101A - Pressure cylinder for headlight washer as shown in the photos attached.
Last time I spoke to Maria about these, the cylinder was still available for £90 ish, but the spray jet was NLA. I didn't check whether you can get the jet out once its assembled though, so it might be possible to re-use the jet from an old one, since its usually the cylinder which leaks.
Old 19th March 2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete-p View Post
I will have a look. There is a slim chance I still have one after my front bumper was replaced, there was something left in a box but can't remember what it was!

I know I have a cap in Agate grey somewhere if that's of use, would need spraying to the correct colour.

EDIT:

Attachment 20962

Attachment 20963

With my lack of knowledge I simply assumed the cylinder came complete with washer jet, but since you have posted the picture I'm now assuming it comes in two parts. The last time I bought one from our sponsors the cylinder and washer jet complete cost me £30 and I just replaced it, so never knew they came apart. Having said that, that purchase was made in 2013, and our sponsors now charge £59.99 or best offer on ebay for the part now !

My cylinder does seem to work ok but the washer jet must have been damaged when the cap broke off and went missing.

So in all fairness I don't think your cylinder would help me but i appreciate you taking the time to post. Thank you !!!!

Last edited by Ricky22buk; 19th March 2019 at 12:38 PM.
Old 19th March 2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
Which one do you need, driver or passenger side, as I have both, although the covers are black?

Could even deliver them to you if you want.

MJ - Could I just attach a hose pipe to them to test they work?
Hi Steamship. Thanks again for taking the time to post. I need the drivers side washer jet if possible ? Would take the cover/cap too and just give it a quick spray. PM me what you need for both and we will come to an arrangement.

Thank you !