A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > General Natter > Daily banter

Daily banter For everything, and anything that doesnt fit in elsewhere

Old 15th January 2015, 03:13 PM

Default Audi Dealers

Afternoon Chaps
Well the time has come to send her in for the first service!
Fixed price servicing it says on the Audi website
Well I have contacted four and got three different prices and one who has had a system crash for two days and cant quote
Tamworth sent me the price for the petrol version and told me I have gone over the specified 18000 miles ....but it's 19,000 and my car has done 18600.
What a shower!
So despite Tamworth being in walking distance from my office, I am off back to Audi Stafford as they were the only one where I get some common sense and they are at the lower price too! Result! The service manager even suggested I pop in before hand so they can look at a couple of minor issues I have had with the car since I bought it, in case they need to order spares, so they can get the jobs done on the day it's booked in. What a new way of thinking! None of the others suggested this despite the same information being given.
£372 for the service and filters etc. Highest was nearly £500 fixed price servicing eh what rubbish!
Been really pleased with the car not missed a beat and the snagging list is only very minor. I love my 8 but in general the dealers are rubbish!
A8 3 litre sport till 2016
Short walk on the MB dark side
A8 3 litre sport from 2010 to 2012
Old 15th January 2015, 07:32 PM

That's a little worrying, I am about to get mine serviced as the dash has kindly told me I have to service the car in 5000 miles or 15 days, but seeing the display made me wonder whether I should try to do 5500 miles in 15 days.

I was expecting to find it fairly simple to get the 'fixed price service' from Audi.
Green Alcantara Headlining, Pillars, Rear Shelf, Door Inserts
Green Trimmed Mats, Seatbelts, Steering Wheel, Centre Armrests
DAB, Freeview, ACC, 4-Zone Climate, Soft Close, Electric Blinds

Old 15th January 2015, 10:03 PM

Tamworth Audi is my nearest too... but I use Stafford. So too the lady I chatted with in the Stafford Audi waiting area. She was at pains to tell me how badly she felt about Tamworth Audi.
I've had nothing but awful experiences with Tamworth, the least of which being that they don't return your calls.
Audi do follow up surveys after dealer visits. I'm surprised that this has been allowed to go on for sol long.
Stafford. I can't fault them.
Old 17th January 2015, 10:50 AM

@ tonupkid I think we have traded our views on Tamworth before they certainly haven't improved. I went back to them to point out they were wrong on the service interval and my car was a diesel .......silence since
How in gods name do these places make money when they treat people like this. I had the four wheel alignment on the D3 done there which they balls up, then I had a tangle with the parts department over something and a close shave looking at an A7 last year, I should have known better than to try for a service quote really!
Also tried Derby as again this isn't far from home for me, they said they couldn't find the car using the chassis number I gave them ( same one as given to all) then they emailed me to say the system was down and they would be in touch once it was back up........still waiting!
Popping to stafford on Monday for them to look at a couple of issues, vibration/rattling rear speaker and drivers seat which seems to move slightly when I pull to a stop. The service manager is a very nice chap and said he much prefers to have the car in once and get it sorted. He mentioned he is allowed to order whatever parts they feel they need for the job and Audi allow them to return them if not required.
They serviced my D3 in 2011 and it was spot on, just and extra 30 miles away but peace of mind I'd worth it ....oh and the fact the are £60 cheaper than the other dealers!
@ MAM just ring or email round the dealers mate get a quote let us know what you find as I couldnt find two the same mate
Cheers Glyn
Old 17th January 2015, 12:13 PM

Hi Glyn. Stafford pick up and drop off my car from just to the north of Lichfield, and are good for a loaner if you prefer
Old 17th January 2015, 09:16 PM

Slightly different experience here.... Well to be fair it was Stafford's body shop in Crewe rather than their service department. They took the door card off, replaced it but did not reconnect the tweeter. Nor did they re-fit a new plastic sheet between the door and the door card. Tamworth rectified it . As anyway it was under Audi warrantee at that time.
Old 17th January 2015, 09:46 PM

Tamworth is part of "Lancaster Audi" (Jardine Motors Group) - the same lot as Manchester Audi, who I wouldn't touch with a bargepole.

I've always stuck with Smith Knight Fay (Inchcape Group), who - whilst not perfect - are streets ahead of these guys.
Old 17th January 2015, 11:04 PM

Swindon audi are also Inchcape and have been pretty good with my various Audis over the years

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know better . . . .
Audi A8 D2 3.7 Quattro Sport 1999 FL - Melange
2nd Place Winner - A8-Freunde Annual German Meet 2012 at Edersee
20" x 9" Bentley GTC Wheels with 385mm W12 Front Discs & Bentley Caliper Covers, Front Lowered on Coilovers, Xenons, Combined DRLs and LED Foglights to modified OEM front fog lamp position, Alcantara/Leather, Full Black Alcantara headlining + pillars and blind shelf, Bespoke Flat Bottomed Sports Steering Wheel, Dark Myrtle Wood, Autodim Mirrors, Bose, Blinds, Digital TV, Ski Hatch, Modified rear exhaust section for extra V8 Burble
Audi S8 D2 Final Edition 2002, Avus Silver with Red Leather Interior
Tiptronic with Sport mode button, Sony rear entertainment package, Bose sound system, Audi Navigation Plus, 20 inch Final Edition alloys, Full Cat Back Stainless Milltek exhaust, giving a great V8 burble
Audi A8L D2 4.2 Petrol with LPG - Ebony Black
Audi A8L D4 FL 4.0T Petrol twin turbo - Havana Black
Audi A2 1.6 FSi Sport - Dolphin Grey with Votex body kit and Red Leather Interior
and some other A8's A8L's and Mercs
Old 3rd February 2015, 07:47 AM

Dropped the 8 off at stafford yesterday, looked after by a nice young lady in the service department. Who looked the car over before I left ....I always insist on that after I had a car scratched!
Given a brand new Q7 s line for a couple of days which is very nice but no 8 the quality of the interior just isn't there for me, although it drives very well despite its size.
Nice little thing they do is send you a video of you car being inspected and what they have found, in my case they were pointing out the rear tyres getting near the limit which I knew they would. Also how much is left on your brake pads etc. They quoted me 270 a tyre but came down a bit when I told them I had already checked out the price. So eventually I agreed and they were 27 more expensive than the best quote I had. So for the convenience of just having them done and hopefully without marking my rims it's worth the extra. I did insist they don't use air tools as that always ruins the rims imo. The tyres are Goodyear F1's and have lasted fairly well 19000 I could have left them in for another month or so but this time of year I thought best to take no chances. I did ponder alternatives as the road noise is noticeable but alternatives were rated higher in the noise ratings, so stuck with what I know for now.
I am now hoping the manage to resolve the vibration on the rear shelf when the sounds are wound up a tad, which drives my daughter mad!
Meanwhile I will have fun driving my big van
Cheers Glyn
Old 10th February 2015, 08:17 PM

Well, I have collected my car from York Audi after an interim service. They were great and immediately advised me of the internet offer of £370 for the service covering plugs, pollen filter, oil etc.

They even re-seated my front bumper and sorted a front parking sensor that had started beeping at fresh air in the last couple of days.

The car is now much more lively, probably proving that the plugs were past their best, or more likely cheap rubbish from the garage that I bought the car from as it has never been so eager.

The even seemed happy to advise me of potential issues on the horizon including their costs at the bottom of my invoice just in case I wanted to get them done. They were certainly thorough in hunting out those 'you may need these items done before the next service' items.
Green Alcantara Headlining, Pillars, Rear Shelf, Door Inserts
Green Trimmed Mats, Seatbelts, Steering Wheel, Centre Armrests
DAB, Freeview, ACC, 4-Zone Climate, Soft Close, Electric Blinds