A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D3 > D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV

D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV All in car entertainment discussions

Old 13th January 2017, 06:40 AM

I'd ask them directly as the description says it does then kind of contradicts itself later in description.

Old 13th January 2017, 02:39 PM

I did ig you look at the mail correspondance i quoted in a post on page two here :/
Old 14th January 2017, 01:38 AM

I read your reply from them but they are a business and of course they will want to sell you the most expensive product they have.

But as I said earlier the description says it works in the dab menu.

The FISTUNEŽ fully integrates into the vehicle and allows you to access all functions through the MMI (MMI 3G / 3G+)
Control is given through the original DAB interface of the MMI
DAB text support
DAB and DAB+ codec i.e. older DAB stations are received
Usage of original cars antenna system
This results in best reception quality
As well as easy installation

There is mention of using a different item if you have dab already but my question to them would be if you remove your old dab can it then be replaced with the fistune and work properly.

Old 14th January 2017, 08:58 AM

I remember years ago, a man in Eastern Europe who was replacing a chip in the original DAB tuner for a DAB+ capable chip (same pinouts) - will see if I can find it.
Old 16th January 2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
I read your reply from them but they are a business and of course they will want to sell you the most expensive product they have.

But as I said earlier the description says it works in the dab menu.

The FISTUNEŽ fully integrates into the vehicle and allows you to access all functions through the MMI (MMI 3G / 3G+)
Control is given through the original DAB interface of the MMI
DAB text support
DAB and DAB+ codec i.e. older DAB stations are received
Usage of original cars antenna system
This results in best reception quality
As well as easy installation

There is mention of using a different item if you have dab already but my question to them would be if you remove your old dab can it then be replaced with the fistune and work properly.
I see what you mean there, but the problem is that since the old dab is integrated in the radio unit i can't remove just the DAB part of it :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon View Post
I remember years ago, a man in Eastern Europe who was replacing a chip in the original DAB tuner for a DAB+ capable chip (same pinouts) - will see if I can find it.

Interesting, or else it would be interesting to get hold of the part number of the expencive one Kaufatec sell since they more or less answered me yes that it's a OEM VW part:

Thank you for your request.

We have never had problems here. The audi dealer must only remove the component protection.
Old 16th January 2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapdragon View Post
I think your old radio is 4E0035061D

The part number used in other MMI 3G models with DAB+such as Q5 is 4G0035061J and it has a fibre MOST bus.
Hopefully it is a straight awap on the MMI 3G A8 too but have a look at your old one and see what the connections look like, are they the same?
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A8 View Post
Of course mate
Triple check the part number, let me know and I will get on it.
Just checked with my existing unit and like you said snapdragon it's a "4E0035061D".

And the connections look just like the ones as on a "4G0035061J" so.

Last edited by Exerqtor; 19th January 2017 at 06:18 AM.
Old 18th January 2017, 01:08 PM

I'm on the case already and I've just sent you a PM with update

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten
Old 19th January 2017, 05:52 AM

Let's hope the 4G0035061J work
BI-Xenon Headlights, Keyless, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI, 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Seat Memory on Both Sides, Heated / Cooled Sport Front Seats, Electrically Adjustable Rear & Heated Rear Seats Alacantra roofliner, Exterior LED Package, Lane Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control & Heated Steeringwheel ++.
Old 16th April 2017, 09:15 PM

Long time no see, haha..

Well, 4G0035061J installed and component protection removed. But that didn't work(as anticipated). So the next step now is to update the MMI, witch brings the question, does anyone here know where i can obtain an update CD without paying and eye and a leg for it?

Edit: Just came to think of, what's the "name" for my MMI? Is it 3G High since i have the little joystick on top of the selection knob?
BI-Xenon Headlights, Keyless, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI, 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Seat Memory on Both Sides, Heated / Cooled Sport Front Seats, Electrically Adjustable Rear & Heated Rear Seats Alacantra roofliner, Exterior LED Package, Lane Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control & Heated Steeringwheel ++.

Last edited by Exerqtor; 16th April 2017 at 09:41 PM.
Old 18th April 2017, 10:33 AM

Your car is a 09/10 A8? That came with the 3G MMI. I THINK the only way to update the MMI is through the dealer (please correct me if I'm wrong).

I did that a last month and paid 1.500NOK for the update. They did have som trouble accepting the update so the car was at the dealer for almost 2 days while day where figuring it out.

So glad i asked for a fixed price