A8 Parts Forum  

Go Back   A8 Parts Forum > A8 D4 > D4 - Body and Exterior

D4 - Body and Exterior Bumpers, bonnets, glass, trims - Everything outside

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15th January 2018, 01:08 PM

Default Advice on fitting a short number plate to the D4 front grill

So I have a 5 digit number plate which is not as wide as a standard UK plate but is completely legal, and marked as such. Problem is that if I stick it to the existing front number plate holder it will look silly as the holder is naturally far wider than the plate.

Has anyone got a solution they could recommend? I was thinking perhaps one of the following:

a) fix the plate to the grille (somehow) without using the existing holder
b) modify the width of the existing holder to accommodate a smaller number plate.
c) try and find an overseas genuine Audi number plate holder for the A8 (contacted Audi and no help, looked on ebay etc and nothing other than square holders for the US market).

2014 A8 D4 (4H) 3.0 TDi - Phantom Black Pearl / 21” S8 PLUS Alloys / Velvet Beige & Moor Brown Extended Leather Package / Alcantara Package / Comfort Seats With Heating, Cooling and 9 Stage Massage Function / Head Up Display / Adaptive Cruise Control with Pre-Sense Front / Active Lane Assist / Parking System Advanced 360 with Top View / Mobile Telephone High with Audi Connect / Google Maps Navigation / Cooled Glove Box / Twin 10” HD Rear Seat Entertainment System / WiFi / BOSE Surround Sound / Powered Soft Close Doors and Boot